For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Show us your airbrush space!

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by airbrushtutor, Mar 16, 2012.

1. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

Just looking to get a couple of pictures of peoples different setups - want to see the whole area and how they use it to work? how big is the space, where is it etc, how cramped is it, maybe you've got your whole house as a setup?
    look forward to seeing them!
  2. Malky

Malky Guest

This is my space, here I do everything except guitar playing, I do that in the living room (I only sing in the shower), this my hobby room where I build my aeroplanes among other things, when I'm airbrushing I tape my work to the wall between the 2 tables, I have lots of thick plastic sheeting which I tape to the wall first.

The glass table in the corner by the window I made specially for cutting foam for my aeroplanes, but I cut everything there, this is actually also a tip, when cutting stencils, if you do this on glass the knife stays sharper longer and you don,t get tracks which your knife will follow the next time you cut.

The table can be folded away when not in use and the room is 4.5 metres x 2.4 metres, I have an air extractor which I can attach to the window if needed.

Myspace1.JPG Myspace2.JPG Myspace3.JPG
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
  3. Badass

Badass Elite Member! Elite Member!

heres my creative box in the kitchen closet P1000082.jpg P1000083.jpg
    jord001 and Shellintons like this.
  4. drobbins12

drobbins12 Spider Splatterer

my airbrush space

image-2.jpg image.jpg image-3.jpg

I use my garage as my space, it can be cold, but it will be a very good spot this spring and summer.
    jord001 likes this.
  5. Zippy

Zippy Double Actioner

I dont have a space at the moment :(

Maybe by end of this summer i will then can start airbrushing again. Give me something to do on the dark nights.

Sent via Tapatalk
  6. DreadfulEpiphany

DreadfulEpiphany Young Tutorling

I'm actually cleaning out a space in the garage right now. Augh.

Pictures when everything's set up, though!
  7. ferret

ferret Needle-chuck Ninja

My space is nearly finished ,will post pics soon .
  8. ferret

100_2342.jpg Well all finished just got to add an extractor fan and we are off .The space is 1.8mx2.4mx3.6mx2.45m and 1.9m high .Yep its an odd shape so i built the insulated workshop to fit it ,why waste space. Its insulated at 3" thick including the floor and i have tested it by heating it up with my infa red drying lamp .Its real toasty in a very short time and holds the heat longer than i thought .Lighting is by 3x 36 watt 3ft fluorescent tubes which i think is more than enough for the area .I have various sockets around for ease of use .Air is being supplied by 2 of the quiet type units with tanks 1 for my aztek AB and the other for my air fed mask for when spraying solvent containing paints and clear coats .The insulation has worked very well for the external noise as well as you cant even here the compressors running .Cost wise i built the unit from old pallets that were damaged so the only real costs to me were time /insulation/ electrical items and painting the inside white and roof boards and felt .Oh i nearly forgot it has also been lined with plastic sheeting to further protect from the elements .I have given it a dummy run spraying some motorcycle parts as they can fit in there nicely all worked ok .Hopefully the pics will now upload .

Attached Files:

9. ferret

100_2351.jpg 100_2348.jpg 100_2346.jpg here we go a few more pics
  10. reset

reset Young Tutorling

I would liked to upload some pictures, but i dot have the permission.
    Hope this will change in the future.
  11. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

reset you should be able to upload pictures..
    Badass! haha how creative using a pantry next to the fridge hahaha! that's dedication..
    Malky - i thought your space would be something good like that! a full room:) luck you.
    and ferret i didn't know you had such good equipment? you've even got stands.. i'm a bit jealous of your space you have it all.
    Shellintons likes this.
  12. Malky

Malky Guest

Mitch, the room is also used to build aero planes, I actually only have the one wall on the left of the room to work on, the wall on the other side is completely covered in shelving, but I do everything in this room, I practically live there. lol.
  13. Badass

Badass Elite Member! Elite Member!

Thanks Master! I used my kitchentable before as my space but I got cathair all over my paintings every time and I didnt liked that! hahah So I had to think outside the box or was it Inside the box:confused: whatever..
  14. Stoneyhouse2

Stoneyhouse2 Young Tutorling

cool stuff guys
  15. FirePanther

FirePanther Young Tutorling

Cathair... Yh will get that problem, so rebuilding my office space/leiseure desk to accomadate the brushing too.
    One of the thinks why I took the big-ass compressor wich is oil less. Wont stink up the place :p

Will post pictures soon as I get my equipment
  16. ferret

Master yes i have some good gear ,but now i just need loads of practice .The 2 compressors i got for nothing as they were damaged in transit and it cost £20. to fix them so a real bargain . The octopus stand is without a doubt the most useful stand i have ever purchased and the most used and it only cost £50 pounds new shop soiled .Just got to sort out the extractors and we are in business .Hope to show my practices very soon .
  17. ProperlyStained

ProperlyStained Young Tutorling

201_1005.jpg 201_1148.jpg 201_1150.JPG

Thankfully I found a woman that will let me do this in the living room. Compressor and all. I have to go to the shop if I want to spray with uro's though. (I have worn the respirator in the living room for smaller projects, lol.)
    jord001 likes this.
  18. fer

fer Young Tutorling

Great skuls you are working on , but if i did that in my living room my wife whould kill me for sure
  19. ferret

That reminds me of a time many moons ago and my 1st wife came home and found my chopper (motorcycle) in parts in the kitchen but to make matters worse when she opened the oven she went mad as she found me heating up some cases to aid bearing removal .Oh and when she went to the freezer she was greeted by the bags containing all the new bearings and bushes . I did try to explain why but i think that was the beginning of the end of the marriage .
  20. fer

fer Young Tutorling

Realy dont understand way, just a few parts