Silentaire 20A

J

Jmoses77

Just curious as to people's experience with the Silentaire 20A. I am looking to replace my Badger compressor with something that is quieter. Looking for reliability and adjustability. I have an Iwata with a MAC valve as well as an inline MAC valve for fine tuning. Thank you for any input and or suggestions.

Cheers

I do not own the 20A, But I do own 1 of the 50 and use another one here at my day job as well . The one here at work runs 5 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day and has done so now for about 13 years , I do drain the tank weekly as per instructions that came with the compressor . The one at the house I only use for airbrushing it is about 7 years old now .
But I see no sense in running dual mac valves , The one on the airbrush is perfect for fine tuning air pressure as having two would only make you for get which one you turned up or down . LOL at least it would me.

I do not own the 20A, But I do own 1 of the 50 and use another one here at my day job as well . The one here at work runs 5 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day and has done so now for about 13 years , I do drain the tank weekly as per instructions that came with the compressor . The one at the house I only use for airbrushing it is about 7 years old now .
But I see no sense in running dual mac valves , The one on the airbrush is perfect for fine tuning air pressure as having two would only make you for get which one you turned up or down . LOL at least it would me.
I apologize for not being more specific. I only use one mac valve at a time. I only have one airbrush with an internal mac valve. My micron does not have one thus the in line valve. Thanks for your feedback. I would never be using the compressor for more than two to three hours at a time. I just worry about the one that I own now as when I am spraying it is constantly running even though it has a storage tank. That makes me feel that I am doing something wrong. When spraying I am not using a ton of pressure, especially for fine line work but the compressor motor is always running.

pressure regulator check valve could be bad in it not allowing it to shut off when the tank is full.
The compressor I use here at work runs at 70PSI due to that is what the machine I use it for needs. The one at home usually around 15 to 20 psi .It hardly kicks on in a couple hours of running .But when it does you hardly hear it .

Back