Skin textures

@Troyster As only layer one gives a very bad impression (it just looks crap) i finished this as far as the skin was concerned. As you can see you can get pretty close, with some more time spend on it you should be able to get it about exactly right (but that takes a lot of time and I'm notoriously lazy :p)

I'll write up a step by step if anyone is interested (might completely finish it first, not sure of that yet)

airbrush downey2.jpg

airbrush skingreyscales2.jpg

@Troyster this is the erasing of step 1 . What I forgot to mention is that it will look like utter crap untill the real darks are added :p, but you can see the texture taking shape on the cheek and round the eye

airbrush downey1.jpg
You really are the man!, I can't even get to this stage!, I,m so pleased you,ve taken the time to tackle this one yourself, a step by step would be amazing, I'm sure everyone reading this thread would benefit greatly from it. Out of interest, how much time have you put into this step so far? And also is the lightest shade done using a stencil?. I can now see how much erasing is involved, what was your starting point for the piece?
@Troyster this is the erasing of step 1 . What I forgot to mention is that it will look like utter crap untill the real darks are added :p, but you can see the texture taking shape on the cheek and round the eye

airbrush downey1.jpg

You really are the man!, I can't even get to this stage!, I,m so pleased you,ve taken the time to tackle this one yourself, a step by step would be amazing, I'm sure everyone reading this thread would benefit greatly from it. Out of interest, how much time have you put into this step so far? And also is the lightest shade done using a stencil?. I can now see how much erasing is involved, what was your starting point for the piece?

A guestemate (I didn't time it :)) is 3-4 hours for the first layer of paint (thats not counting the prep work). The very light shade is indeed the stencil I used for the initial setup. I'm not sure what you mean with starting point :p.

I just finished with thr hand and hair, only neck left (will be tonight/tomorrow) after that I'll put together a stap by step (took a lot of pics on this one :D)

A guestemate (I didn't time it :)) is 3-4 hours for the first layer of paint (thats not counting the prep work). The very light shade is indeed the stencil I used for the initial setup. I'm not sure what you mean with starting point :p.

I just finished with thr hand and hair, only neck left (will be tonight/tomorrow) after that I'll put together a stap by step (took a lot of pics on this one :D)
Well you really have gone above and beyond with your help on this one and I really am incredibly greatful for that. When I say start point what I mean is, after you,ve laid down the initial stencil layer(another thing I wish I'd thought of!,), was how do you decide where to begin with the detail work?, are you putting down the next dark tone then erasing or erasing from the stencil template?. I am really looking forward to the sbs on this!, I ready want to learn how to look at a picture and break it down into steps rather than look at a picture and think where the f**k do I go with this!!!

Well you really have gone above and beyond with your help on this one and I really am incredibly greatful for that. When I say start point what I mean is, after you,ve laid down the initial stencil layer(another thing I wish I'd thought of!,), was how do you decide where to begin with the detail work?, are you putting down the next dark tone then erasing or erasing from the stencil template?. I am really looking forward to the sbs on this!, I ready want to learn how to look at a picture and break it down into steps rather than look at a picture and think where the f**k do I go with this!!!

I mostly start out by fogging a bit of paint in the dark areas to get a bit of shape going, than I tend to just randomly start somewhere :)

yeah, yeah - another outstanding sbs coming. Thanks haasje

Thanks again, I like the idea of the skull, I seems to be a staple of airbrushing, particularly custom work. I,ll definitely take your advise on that and maybe I,lol start to walk before I can run!.
.rar is more than I can deal with, Open Office won't touch it after unzipped.

Back