Skin Textures

D

danielpalfrey

Ok, this is something I know has been covered. I tried to do the eye tutorial a few times, but I end up with a ruined piece of crap after trying to do the figure of 8 texture, try as I might I can never get it right :( so I started thinking, are there other ways of getting this effect without having to airbrush the texture? because I just cant get it, I can't get the lines small enough and then when I do they are just to dominant... I have tried reducing air pressure and thinning out the paint even down to stupid levels but this didn't work, so I incresed the air pressure and still nope, just cant do it lol

I have attempted the skin tones with erasing techniques yes, though that filter/scourer idea seem pretty cool :)

I've never had much success with 8's either. I tend to move the brush toward the surface and back in a stippling motion, with super reduced paint, or just use a scribbling motion. But the scourer is cool and quick, and also things like dryer sheets,and fine weave materials you can spray through.

I tried to "super reduce" the paint to, but with me been relatively new to all this I havent got the confidence yet to move quick enough to stop the spidering you get with super thin paints :) I know it is all about practise, but why practise doing it the hard way if there is a simpler method like using a scourer!

Use whatever 'tools' needed to get the desired result. Confidence will come I promise. The more confidence the more you'll try to get out of your airbrush :D

haha, it is funny but I am very confident when I am laying out the paint and the lines, but when it comes to detail work that confidence goes on holiday lmao

For me I had problems with the "figure 8" until I read on here to think of it as a shake like you have Parkinson disease( not trying to be funny) doing that helped me a lot and since it's not the same motion over and over it seemed to work much better for me. Just something else to try and do whatever works best for you

For me I had problems with the "figure 8" until I read on here to think of it as a shake like you have Parkinson disease( not trying to be funny) doing that helped me a lot and since it's not the same motion over and over it seemed to work much better for me. Just something else to try and do whatever works best for you

That is correct. Here you can see how Luca Pagan does it. Sorry, you have to be on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/luca.pagan/videos/10209011765952675/

Back