SM K33 ?

There are a couple of folks who have them i think, others have the k33 needles and soft springs in their airbrushes. The reason why they are expensive is because of the years of work that has gone into the research and development of the parts that have been changed. Yes its a big improvement but im sure that the folks who have them will tell you how good they are.

Lee

There are a couple of folks who have them i think, others have the k33 needles and soft springs in their airbrushes. The reason why they are expensive is because of the years of work that has gone into the research and development of the parts that have been changed. Yes its a big improvement but im sure that the folks who have them will tell you how good they are.

Lee
I shure hope so.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I own a SM K33 ( limited edition) and it is a cm on steroids , the SM is a super fine tuned micron and the result of years of development and testing , several parts are replaced by custom made parts just for this airbrush .
given the fact it is not a production airbrush but only made by order you can understand the high prize

Thanks everyone for quick answer, How big improvement compare to stock micron with soft spring and k33 needles? Since sm k33 custom made parts and heavily tuned, if some parts are broken, how can it be replace? some parts not for sale on foxy website and i think it will be need for tuning again?

Some parts of the brush are from the standard gun, and can be replaced, and some they make they can remake and replace themselves. I believe they would allow you to return the brush and offer a retuning/brush service if needed, but you would have to ask to confirm that.

I just wish I lived nearer and could make an appointment for a try out. I could never afford one, but would love to see what the difference really is.

Thanks everyone for quick answer, but since sm k33 custom made parts and heavily tuned, if some parts are broken, how can it be replace? some parts not for sale on foxy website and i think it will be need for tuning again?
the parts for the SM K33 are in stock for those who own one ;) the chance you damage a part is real small , the Needle wont bend as easy as the normal needle and the needle cap protects it , the nozzle how ever can be damaged and it will wear out in time but the nozzle is the same as the CM SB 0.18 nozzle so no problem there
I just replaced the nozzle on my K33 and it works perfect again

Some parts of the brush are from the standard gun, and can be replaced, and some they make they can remake and replace themselves. I believe they would allow you to return the brush and offer a retuning/brush service if needed, but you would have to ask to confirm that.

I just wish I lived nearer and could make an appointment for a try out. I could never afford one, but would love to see what the difference really is.
Yes you can always send it back to foxy and they will take care of any problem there is , and the difference can best be explained like this : if you step up from a eclipse to a micron but in this case it is the difference between a stock CM SB to the SM K33

the parts for the SM K33 are in stock for those who own one ;) the chance you damage a part is real small , the Needle wont bend as easy as the normal needle and the needle cap protects it , the nozzle how ever can be damaged and it will wear out in time but the nozzle is the same as the CM SB 0.18 nozzle so no problem there
I just replaced the nozzle on my K33 and it works perfect again

Are you sure you do not need for nozzle tuning again?

some improvement from foxy website
Head System, Centered Nozzle
We want to be sure that the K33 performs even better at low air pressure so in order to get the best results from the atomisation we modify each one of the micron heads so at the end we will have a perfectly centered nozzle-head

I have a soft spring in my micron and will get them for my other brushes... really good cheap tune up - will be considering the needle when (if...) it comes out in 0.23.

The needle and softspring are most certainly worth it. I've used the k33 needle for more than a year now and it's still "mint". Looking at the fact I used to replace my needle every month or so (daily useage) I think that should put the price in a bit of perspective. It's an upgrade I would certainly recomend (less tipdry and it seems indestructable)

I never handled the sm-k33 itself so can't comment on how it handles, I do think you partly are paying for some "bling" with it though on top of any enhanced performance (you can only replace so many parts to improve it). Just for the record (and to avoid a "piep" storm :p) I don't think there is anything wrong with "bling" when you enjoy it :thumbsup:.

honestly, there is one thing i dont understand. the nozzle. if i damage the nozzle on "cm sb k33" do i have to send the gun back to foxy studio for repair? or is enough if i just get a new nozzle 0.18 from iwata and screw it back?
what completely confuses me is that they say that the nozzle and the head have been perfectly centered etc. but when you think about it - nozzle has a thread. all what you can do is screw it back. how the hell can the "perfectly" centered something what you can just screw back!
like i am seriously thinking about purchasing that gun. i just dont know what to do when the nozzle...you know what i mean..

You are right it is just a screw in and a nozzle can be replaced with out changing a thing about the K33 , I own that gun and have replaced the nozzle twice now .
the trick is not in the nozzle but in the head ;)

i am going to preorder that gun. by the way i have the sharpenair tool but people say that the k33 needle cant be sharpened there. is it true?

i am going to preorder that gun. by the way i have the sharpenair tool but people say that the k33 needle cant be sharpened there. is it true?
you cant use the sharpenair tool on the K33 needle but you wont need it as you will have a real hard time bending that needle and you have the black devil needle cap on the brush that protects the needle while giving you the benefits for working real close to your substrate

I too run a K33 needle and soft spring in my Micron. Highly recommend them both. I have had the needle for maybe a year and it is still mint. I have several other .18's Microns, but the K33 needle set up is my favorite. If I could have snagged one of the original "bee" SM-K33's I would have done it in a heart beat ;)

I get the impression that this is AB version of buying a Ferrari then dropping it off at a tuner cuz it's "not fast enough" :shock:

Yeah that would be a good description.
Kinda like a limited edition Ferrari

Back