Small Gun for HOK or SPI Primer.

J

Juicegoose

I spray small parts that are around 1-2" in width so I've been staying away from detail guns and the like because the overspray had me using up a lot of paint. I had been mixing my HOK KD3000 epoxy primer in a low build ratio and spraying through my badger 105 with .5 tip. Yes I know I know it's a small tip but it actually sprays okay. My question was for recommendations on a small gun with a fan pattern that'll lay out the primer for me. I do have an iwata hp-th but I don't want to use it for primer.
I need something that is somewhat easy on paint and sprays a smaller fan pattern.

Any recommendations?

In researching out the Iwata LPH80 it seems like that might be a good gun. I'm assuming I might need the e2 aircap instead of the e4 and probably the 1.2tip.
The only other detail gun I have tried was an el-cheapo from tcpglobal. I had issues with it spraying just way to much material.

You could think about SATA and DeVilbiss mini guns.
Strange, but I think I had no issues with cheap mini gun, I consider them pretty good for priming. My gun is knock off of an old Iwata mini gun.

FOR mini hvlp I like my startingline it works pretty well for what I do. My Sharpe's are really nice and I have a cheapo that I rarely use. I have a sata and other bigger stuff for auto body. DON'T get crap, you pay for quality. Shop around for deals. Oh and I think paashe makes a talon with a fan cap that I always wanted to try...

Depends on your budget.... If you can get an Iwata or SATA, those are pretty reliably safe bets.

For a "bang for the buck" mini gun, the Asturo WB mini gun is excellent, IMO. The kit from spraygunwold.com comes with a 1.5 tip, which easily handles urethane primers and sealers. I've used it for small parts many times.
The Asturo is the only spray gun I bought one of, and liked it so much I bought another full kit.

Back