Smokin skull vid clip

Visual Realm

Skull King
Just thought i would throw this up to kinda show how i go about building detail, textures and highlighting with an eraser. Its just a clip of the smokin skull i did awhile back. Sorry about the music but youtube didnt like my background music i had playing so i just put one of their instrumentals on there for the first bit and the rest is quiet. Still working on my vid skills so its not the best but i wanted to get as close as possible so it shows what im doing lol So i hope this helps a bit and sparks some thought for you all!

[video=youtube_share;yTlHOOmRSsY]http://youtu.be/yTlHOOmRSsY[/video]

Oops i put this in the wrong section. Meant to put it in the digital tutorial section! Could one of you kind mods move it for me???

I watched the video. Nice close up and detailed Thanks . Do you use a base coat before you start. I have a problem with the paint soaking into the poster board I use to paint on. bentoad

I watched the video. Nice close up and detailed Thanks . Do you use a base coat before you start. I have a problem with the paint soaking into the poster board I use to paint on. bentoad
I use the kind that has one side that has kind of a laminate side to it. Ive never had a problem with it soaking up or bleeding. I just start painting on it with no prep at all. I know what your talking about though cause ive only found white posterboard that has the slick side to it. The black doesnt have any laminate over it, but what i will do with it is hit it with a couple light coats of rattle can clear to stop the absorbtion. Hope that helps!

What kind of pencil are you using? That makes the detail work look a lot easier.

Dylan

Love it VR!! Really hope you get the drive to paint again and learn more about making videos cause I love them!!

Josh

Love it VR!! Really hope you get the drive to paint again and learn more about making videos cause I love them!!

Josh
Thanks Josh, just looked in on the vid and its got over 500 views, wow did expect to see that much lol I even got a hater! Love it lol I have the drive josh, just its been in park in the meantime due to recent things going on. But its hard to stay from being behind the wheel lol

Lol, I know you have a hater, I called him out for ya, lol!!! You and ran have more hits already than some of mine and deserve it!! Keep them coming when you get back going again buddy!

Josh

I really dont know why it has that many views cause it isnt much, but it is what it is i guess. Your vids are better in my opinion, cause mine are bits and pieces lol Thanks for the backup soldier monkey!!! lol

Yea Seamonkey got at him in a real way!!!! Haaaaa!!! I like that video . Like I said to you before V.R. it helped me understand your other video that you did after the Dave Matthews portrait, and how you approach your textures, but it also shows how much time goes into each section of your piece to get really detailed art.

Te result of the views is because the skull is freaking sweet looking. Quality brings in the views!! Your vid is nice an you will keep getting those views. Also I have found out that fire and skull videos will get unreal amounts if views along with guitars, bikes and helmets. My helmet video has (last time I looked) more than 60,000 views and it was my 3 video ever. I am way better at airbrushing now and put out better looking stuff, but those helmets just keep pilling on the views, lol!!
Don't worry buddy I got your back from the haters, I don't understand why they even need to open their mouth.

Josh

Not only that you have one more view coming from me today I will make sure to take a look when I get home or maybe even on the phone if I can get good enough service. Unless you have a sound track with hungry eyes where youtube tries to save mobile user from the agony of listening to it. Just kidding Seamonkey it was awesome vid and the sound track gave me a laugh as well.

Last edited:
Not only that you have one more view coming from me today I will make sure to take a look when I get home or maybe even on the phone if I can get good enough service. Unless you have a sound track with hungry eyes where youtube tries to save mobile user from the agony of listening to it. Just kidding Seamonkey it was awesome vid and the sound track gave me a laugh as well.

I am going to have to stay off of the forum until all this talk of hungry eyes is done. Starting to get it stuck in my head again and I haven't even heard it today!!! Haaaaaa!! S.O.B!!! Haaaaaaaaaa!!!

Back