For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

some nice shots from my new toy telescope

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by airbrushingferret, Jun 4, 2017.

1. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

as soon as Jupiter and Saturn disapear into the evening sky I will probably take out the airbrushes again but right now I am to busy learning new software and modifying my scope it seems i will have about 5 or more different programs to drop a simple avi through to get the real good stuff. I have to compare my latest Saturn to a space telescope image to see if the finer details are artifacts from imaging or real. in the neat future... as soon as the cloiuds disapear i will get much bettter images stacking thousands ie 10000 or more frames and derotating them in a program called winjupos. i also learned a new program for another step called deconvolution which is responsible for the finer details in saturns rings. not only can you see the c ring but a cclear definition in the c and d also the dark space in the c ring I thought i had the outer ring called the f ring its visible in the space image but it turns out to be an artifact. notice the neat polar hexagon which was recently discovered a short tima ago I think it was from a space ship not a ground base telescope. I dont have much time for airbrushing at all its imaging all night when its clear and its learning how to properly process during the day o another forum called cloudy nights

Attached Files:

DaveG, CHÉRIE, frowan and 9 others like this.
  2. Micha der Wolf

Micha der Wolf Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Awesome!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G388F mit Tapatalk
  3. Tobikommi

Tobikommi Double Actioner

That is one hell of a scope! :)
  4. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

The Saturn shot with the shadow is one of the best planet pics I have seen! Respect!!
  5. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Wow - gobsmacked! Fantastic work. That scope is huge!
  6. airbrushingferret

i obviousl didnt take that one thhats a space probe image i have to ust them to check if my data is corect or if I have processing artifacts
    jord001 and musicmacd like this.
  7. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Nothing obvious at all! I wondered but they all look insane! Well done mate! Nice scoop too! Is that 16"
  8. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Great pics and i thought they were all yours. That is one mother of a telescope. Ace!

Lee
  9. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

10. Big John 1945

Big John 1945 Needle-chuck Ninja

Sounds like you have at least two great hobbies.
  11. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

With those picture you took you should be able to paint a fantastic space scene ferret:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  12. airbrushingferret

The only pic that is not mine is the obvious one of Saturn.... Think for a moment how would i get a pic of Saturn from that angle ????? . The rest are all mine its a 16 inch f 7.2 Layman's terms It has a focal length of 115 inches 16x7.2 . I used an asi224 mc imaging cam with a 2x barlow and whats called an adc corector which further amplified the f ratio to 345" or around f21. Saturn filled the screen here is a link to a video of the scope in action with Jupiter
    enjoy dont be to shy to leave a coment . I cant belive i posted this vid over 2 weeks ago not one coment and only 120 views all people want is the cardasians and elen degenerate
    basepaint, LadyCharlie and doc1 like this.
  13. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I love the scope. I miss my 10" Orion SkyQuest Dobsonian. I was having a horrible time viewing around all this light pollution that I very really found many thing. I have spotted the ring nebulous in Lyra, the Hercules star cluster. The Andromeda galaxy and some semi decent views of Jupiter and Saturn. Also Orion nebulous. Can't remember much else then I blew out my shoulder and had tendinitis and could Cary it out no more. So I ended up selling it. I would love to get a 11" Mack Carsigian telescope but the are very expensive. I love seeing your pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
  14. airbrushingferret

thanks for the reply I know what you mean about not beeing able to see deep sky I can point this thing towards the coma cluster in coma bernicies and just move it around and spot at time 2 or 3 or even ore galaxies but i am currently boycotting astronomy and wont do any deep sky stuff till the lights go off. the trouble is its easier and safer to drive with no outside lights glaring and your house will likly get ignored by a crook if its so dark you cant move around the yard with a flash light some body creeping around your yard with a flashlight would be easier recognized in the dark than in a brightly lit neighborhood. there is no purpose for night lights. I have about a half hour in the past 4 months actually looking at deep sky. even though my back yard is dark ther are lights around the area and i can barely make out the milky-way. kind of like i am avoiding art till some one figures out what is art and why some well known pours paint on a canvas and gets thousands of dollars for garbage and some one paints for weeks and the painting is only worth 60 dollars. untill that gets figured out i wont paint. but due t bad weather I have been thinking of dusting off the eyepieces er em airbrushes. my last imaging cam cost almost as much as a micron
  15. LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie Double Actioner

Fascinating! Thank you for sharing. We visit Yerkes Observatory on a regular basis. Never ceases to amaze. That is an awesome hobby. Your telescope is Wow! http://astro.uchicago.edu/yerkes/
  16. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Thanks for sharing your pictures and other hobby,It is a whole nother word out there
  17. CHÉRIE

CHÉRIE Needle-chuck Ninja

I was wondering how big the scope would have to be to take such amazing shots... Well no need for me to wonder anymore... That's HUGE :eek:lol
    Brilliant shots!
  18. airbrushingferret