Some portrait work.

Holy cow.. Pauly is still alive!!

Enjoyed your work on other forums but you disappeared.

Do you still have a youtube channel ?

I think it would be better to note that I use a thin paint, hard smooth surface, very low pressure, and a airbrush with a .2m nozzle assembly. ( plenty to choose from, I use the hp-b. that should get you started, and paint slow.

Not quite what I ment mate lol ..... what I mean is, how do you (or anyone else) start on a portrait? how do yo get all the features in the right place and in proportion? This is probabblt a whole subject by its self

Holy cow.. Pauly is still alive!!

Enjoyed your work on other forums but you disappeared.

Do you still have a youtube channel ?
i do, but don't use it. I should try to make another video.

Not quite what I ment mate lol ..... what I mean is, how do you (or anyone else) start on a portrait? how do yo get all the features in the right place and in proportion? This is probabblt a whole subject by its self
first off, it feels really weird trying to give advice with a label like "young tutorling". I feel like you guys should be giving me advice. Lol
start with a photo copy in back and white, cutting out only the darkest areas, being careful not to overlap cuts, thereby separating it. Use only the lightest tones at first. This will represent your roadmap. The rest is freehand mask, or whatever your comfort level is. Be able to do all three: projected, freehand, and mask. The road map allows you to concentrate on light/dark, soft/hard, texture, etc

Ok Paul, got that, Thanks.
I have actualy used that method before.
Don't want to Jack this thread but I did this :-
Picture 051 resized.jpg

AA paint through a Eclipse HBC 0.5 @ 50 psi on a foot square ally panel

Last edited by a moderator:
Pauly has done alot of work and shown step by steps on other sites.

Pauly you had a video where you were airbrushing Ian McShane from Deadwood. It was a cool vid with some music I really liked. I have been searching for it forever.

Pauly has done alot of work and shown step by steps on other sites.

Pauly you had a video where you were airbrushing Ian McShane from Deadwood. It was a cool vid with some music I really liked. I have been searching for it forever.
Hmmm try looking under "airbrushbypaul".

Ok Paul, got that, Thanks.
I have actualy used that method before.
Don't want to Jack this thread but I did this :-
View attachment 28589

AA paint through a Eclipse HBC 0.5 @ 50 psi on a foot square ally panel

This is a great piece. At some point, you may want to switch to a gravity feed, but if your stuck with a bottom feed, thin the paint and lower your pressure. The only other thing I would point out, is try experimenting with violets rather than using black. (Black creates blue shift, screwing up color characteristics.) this will help keep your colors pure. (Once you go black....) lol

Finally..Imagine trying to search for your vids with Key words.

Back