Specs.

if your projector is right next to your easel it can be 1 lumen and you would see it.

What's the furthest distance you would use it for? Indoors?

Mine is so bright that I sometimes shine a lamp on my art surface to be able to see my marks haha

I'm no expert, but the 800 lumen one is a mantainance free LED lamp rated at 30,000 hours. Should last forever...

Yes, but the thing about these from Artograph, is that you kan tilt the image and it does gray scale and some other things, so I think they have some features you don't get from a "normal" movie projector.

Indoors and maximum 3 meters, normally I would say 1,5 meters (5-10 feet)

The lumens has more to do with brightness than distance, the pixels will make a huge difference with distance, the less pixels you have the clsoer you will be to your substrate before the image starts to go fuzzy so the more pixels you have the better, the lumens determine how dark your room needs to be to see a clear picture, I have had a 100 lumens projector and had to hang black curtains, if you can afford the 800 will give you more joy since it has both more lumens and more pixels, although remember you are not restricted to artograph, Acer also make reasonably priced projectors that would suit your needs, Mitch has a review here and on YouTube of one he bought, I wouldn't worry too much about grids and such, I would be more concerned about whether or not is has a keystone function.

Back