Stanleysmall compressor

splasha

Detail Decepticon!
Hi, all.
As a Noob on this, I was wondering if anyone has found some sort of noise insulation for their compressors (apart from the indoor models, that is) that
I might be able to incorporate into a small box for my rather noisy (but oil-less!) portable compressor?
Thanks,
Splasha

Last edited:
Hi, all.
As a Noob on this, I was wondering if anyone has found some sort of noise insulation for their compressors (apart from the indoor models, that is) that
I might be able to incorporate into a small box for my rather noisy (but oil-less!) portable compressor?
Thanks,
Splasha

There are methods, but I wouldn't bother, the noise reduction isn't that great and can cost as much a decent silent compressor by the time you install a cooling fan and make your box, I've done it myself with the same type of compressor and found that even with cooling it was producing more water that air.

I would advise you to simply get on the internet and look for a bargain or something secondhand which is suited to the purpose, do the box thing only as a last resort, there are some examples here on the forum if you search, but I won't bother to go looking for you because I think it's waste of time.

If you can, put your compressor in another room, or in a closet or cupboard. If you do build a box for it, don't make it too small, the compressor will over-heat even with a cooling fan. After you build the box you will have to put a water separator on the air line. when you install the fan you want to pull the hot air out of the box, just like a computer tower. I hope this helps.

Splasha - if you can get some rippled or pointy foam (thin versions where popular for beds) and some seedling trays. coat the insde of the box with the foam and then put the seedling (polystyrene) trays on top. problem with this is that it is sooooo not fire proof.

Thanks 4 the ideas, all.
Yes, I have a water trap in the line already, but this compressor [even though it's small] doesn't really generate that much water.
Maybe it's because i got a long supply hose?
Or maybe it's because I built a small tank to feed my airbrush from?
I drain and clean this regularly so it's not given me probs so far, but I'm waiting & watching for signs of things I imagine to come.
Splasha

Back