Starting with harder steenbeck, which model?

Johnny_mazzei

Young Tutorling
Hi everybody,
I was looking on to by am airbrush from harder and steenbeck to start with,
I've made the choice of that brand because next to my job is a distributor of the brand and it makes a lot more easier to get supplies.
I thought to by the 2 in 1 model but i can't figure out the main difference between them. There is the evolution line and the silverline plus the fPc.
I'm searching for an allrounder, that can make normal détails to paint on motorcycles, helmats and a lil bit of textiles aswell.
Does someone has experience with does models?

I used to have a evolution but we did not play well together. It a very nice brush i just couldnt use it. There are a couple members here that i know use them. Maybe they will chime in.

The Evo 2 in 1 would be good. Nowadays I use mostly the .4 setup. It's my "everything else than details" airbrush. Even for murals I bought a 50ml cup for it.

It's main advantage are the versatility, since you can change cups, nozzles etc very easy, and spare parts are cheap, while the quality is top.
All tough needle and nozzle wear out quicker than iwata ( my only experience is a micron there though). When I said I don't use it for details, it won't say that you can't do very good details with it as well.

P. S. They were acquired by iwata lately.

Last edited:
Hi m3ntalo how are you ;)
Thanks for the advices, my biggest question now is the difference between those 3 models. Evo, Silver and fPc

The Evo 2 in 1 would be good. Nowadays I use mostly the .4 setup. It's my "everything else than details" airbrush. Even for murals I bought a 50ml cup for it.

It's main advantage are the versatility, since you can change cups, nozzles etc very easy, and spare parts are cheap, while the quality is top.
All tough needle and nozzle wear out quicker than iwata ( my only experience is a micron there though). When I said I don't use it for details, it won't say that you can't do very good details with it as well.

P. S. They were acquired by iwata lately.
Wait iwata aquired H&S???

Hi m3ntalo how are you ;)
Thanks for the advices, my biggest question now is the difference between those 3 models. Evo, Silver and fPc
Silver line is nicer to look at (well as long as you don't leave it in the createx restorer :D) , the fpc probably is only interesting if you can't change the air pressure by other means quick. (I don't own any airbrush with that feature).
If you want to try out one you could come by and test a few airbrushes, I didn't notice to who I reply here. :) I got a lot of different ones (iwata, Hansa, onlympos, h&s, Badger). For " all purposes" the evolution is very good suited.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

I use the Infinity 2 in 1 mainly set up with the .15 nozzle set up. Main thing I have found out about the nozzles on both the .4 and the .15 is that they seem to crack too easy. I had one crack straight in the middle and it had not even been used it was still in the little shipping package .
But I do like the feel of it when I am using it and nozzles are not the much cost wise .
But for most thing not detail I use my trusty Iwata Eclipse cs , Same needle in nozzle it in that came in it 10+ years ago.
Detail depends on what I am going for so it is between the Infinity and the Micron.

I’ve got the Evo 2 in 1 and love it, the .4 combo can do very fine details too, as m3ntalo said the extra cash for the silver line is only for cosmetics!
@m3entalo you gave me an extremely good news!! Hope that Argentinian representatives for Anest Iwata could sell H&S brushes soon, and now I understand why when I wrote to them asking why don’t send to Argentina they said me, be patient we are arranging to ship to new places around the world in the near future!!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

The price difference is not so big between them but I think i will go for the fPc fot the air adjustment.
Thank you all for the great advices :thumbsup:
I think I'll go for the 2 in 1 fPc to start and in the future when I will have to make fine détails then I will buy an Iwata cs

I guess I got here too late for the party. The Evolution Silverline with the fpc is a great choice- The only real difference between the models is price and styling. You can buy an fpc separately and fit it to any brush you want. (Except maybe like a Colani or whatever) You can also buy a preset handle for the Evolution. I guess I better snap up a Grafo and Silverline before they start putting tiny threaded nozzles and fixed cups on them!

:eek: Rick no wonder the H&S cups fit your Neo... the assimilation has begun!

Iwata would have thought it's an early christmas :shock:and they can use the patented paint limiter on models like the infinity
And they kept it quiet:lipssealed: for 8 months
I can understand why they would do this. Last time they done this (Olympos) gave them a 30+year product line with only cosmetic changes
Japanese companies traditionally don't like multiple shop fronts to their products and prefer streamlining and cost efficiency
Some interesting times for H&S if the former owner has not put in some protections and kept some shares
Johnny_mazzei
Wait ..... The the new Hicron coming soon

They have kept it quiet for a reason

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
I was looking on to by am airbrush from harder and steenbeck to start with,
I've made the choice of that brand because next to my job is a distributor of the brand and it makes a lot more easier to get supplies.
I thought to by the 2 in 1 model but i can't figure out the main difference between them. There is the evolution line and the silverline plus the fPc.
I'm searching for an allrounder, that can make normal détails to paint on motorcycles, helmats and a lil bit of textiles aswell.
Does someone has experience with does models?

Johnny

I have read through my last post and I dont want you leave you with the thought that I have any Idea of what Iwata plan to do with H&S or if they actually purchased H&S, the article seems to be from a reliable source and reads like corporate spin
My comments are "suppositions and speculation" and should be treated accordingly

Back