Straining paints

Ok so i’m going to buy some tights to strain my paints over the weekend.
I’m not privvy to the type of tights and micron of the holes i’d need to but for straining.
Had anyone got links for the type of tights they have found to work the best?

Ok so i’m going to buy some tights to strain my paints over the weekend.
I’m not privvy to the type of tights and micron of the holes i’d need to but for straining.
Had anyone got links for the type of tights they have found to work the best?

I would just grab anything really but generally the higher the "denier" number the tighter the weave will be making it more suitable, you should cut a square about four times bigger than you'll need and fold it over twice so you have 4 times the thickness, stretch your square over the bottle neck and then just screw on the lid over it which holds it in place, here's a photo, once you've got everything in place you trim around to cut away the excess to make it look a little more tidy.

20161002_123650.jpg

The bottles shown here are bottles I got empty which are the same size as the little 28 ml bottles you get in Com-Art sets, I bought a load a while back for mixing colours, I don't have them now and they are hard to find in the UK, you can find these bottles at Foxy's at €2 for one but I got mine at an art shop called Harrold's in Rotterdam for €5 for 10o_O I actually had 20 and every now and then I would take of all the removable parts and soak the whole lot in a bucket with water and some airbrush cleaner overnight then just rinsed them out and dried them the next day, handy to have around but for smaller amounts of paint I used plastic 15 ml shot glasses, I've been looking into 15 ml plastic "vape" bottle which cam be found Amazon.

Back