Suitable for airbrushing?

Found this compressor and its seems a reasonable price. Any good if add a filter for airbrushing?http://m.screwfix.com/p/stanley-dn-8-5-4-5ltr-portable-compressor-240v/22374?id=22374&_bck=1

The link doesn't bring you to the compressor, but I assume you mean the £89.99 version, if that is so the price is not bad, and it can be used for airbrushinghowever you would need to attach your own water-trap and regulator and you will also need a 1//4 to 1/8 adapter for your hose, the problem is you could get an airbrush ready compressor with the same specs for less than this, so it is not financially the best option.

The link doesn't bring you to the compressor, but I assume you mean the £89.99 version, if that is so the price is not bad, and it can be used for airbrushinghowever you would need to attach your own water-trap and regulator and you will also need a 1//4 to 1/8 adapter for your hose, the problem is you could get an airbrush ready compressor with the same specs for less than this, so it is not financially the best option.

I can get all the bits from work, the problem with the specific AB compressors are they are the cheap type not your well know models at that price. I have a tankless one at the moment and it gets really hot and cannot reach working pressure greater than 25psi. This is a well known manufacturer and reasonable in price. That's whats steered me towards it. It has a regulator fitted and I have a moisture trap fitted to airline on AB.

Thanks for the reply Madbrush, no mother jokes in it either lol.

I can get all the bits from work, the problem with the specific AB compressors are they are the cheap type not your well know models at that price. I have a tankless one at the moment and it gets really hot and cannot reach working pressure greater than 25psi. This is a well known manufacturer and reasonable in price. That's whats steered me towards it. It has a regulator fitted and I have a moisture trap fitted to airline on AB.

Thanks for the reply Madbrush, no mother jokes in it either lol.

You can definitely use it but your moisture trap on your pistol alone is not enough, you would stand the whole day emptying it, but you could use the one from your current tank-less compressor.

Back