Superlube

I used to fully clean like that every day also but I was warned by Coast airbrush that taking apart the head and nozzle everyday will wear out the body threads and cause the brush to leak. The body is brass and the nozzle is platinum and with removing the nozzle over time it will soften the brass. The rest of the body and head may be fine because they are both brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

No, no, no... I do not mean to clean it every day:) What I mean is when I finished a project, I cleaned the ABs right after.
Once painting a picture, I kept the paint for two weeks in the ABs and there were no issues with them. I just let some air to go inside the paint passage by closing air nozzle with marker cap, the paint was again ready to spray. Cup lids were always on. Did that every day though. That was good experience for me. Now I'm not afraid to let the paint to be inside AB cup for some days, as there will be no issues. BUT it's only about urethanes. With waterbased we have another story and you know this story a way better than do I, as I use no waterbased. Though m a y b e will try them some time, I keep an eye on E-tac;)

No, no, no... I do not mean to clean it every day:) What I mean is when I finished a project, I cleaned the ABs right after.
Once painting a picture, I kept the paint for two weeks in the ABs and there were no issues with them. I just let some air to go inside the paint passage by closing air nozzle with marker cap, the paint was again ready to spray. Cup lids were always on. Did that every day though. That was good experience for me. Now I'm not afraid to let the paint to be inside AB cup for some days, as there will be no issues. BUT it's only about urethanes. With waterbased we have another story and you know this story a way better than do I, as I use no waterbased. Though m a y b e will try them some time, I keep an eye on E-tac;)
Etac efx sprays almost as good as uro.
I just don't have many colors of it.
But it's on my list of soon.

Sorry a slow brain cell got in the way. I have never left paint in the brush. I flush that out at the end of every session. No need to chance it getting mucked up. Also I don't always know what color I will start with the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

I use Still bar lube for chainsaws on all parts except on surfaces that come in contact with paint . It is normal oil with a thickening agent when you put it somewhere it stays there and has not dried on me yet it wipes off easily when cleaning. It is less stickier than grease or petroleum jelly

Back