Technical problem.

T

Tsunami airbrush

Ciao ragazzi ho un problema che non riesco a risolvere.
Sto lavorando su una fisarmonica con una grafica di Valentino Rossi.
Sto utilizzando colori Housr di colore solvente e per rendere il masking'm con film adsiva Frisket originale.
Il mio problema è che la frisket fammi colla rimane nel disegno e non riesco a capire perché.
Non so se il frisket va bene o se qualcosa di sbagliato nella procedura.
Se qualcuno di voi stanno lavorando con il colore del solvente, e l'utilizzo di un altro film di mascheramento che lascia senza colla, mi puoi dire dove posso acquistarlo?
Non so come fare il massimo per me è un grosso problema.

Tsunami airbrush Said:
Hello guys I have a problem I can not solve .
I'm working on an accordion with a graphic of Valentino Rossi .
I'm using colors Housr color solvent and to make masking'm film adsiva Frisket original .
My problem is that the frisket let me glue remains in the drawing and can not understand why.
I do not know if the frisket okay or if something wrong with the procedure .
If any of you are working with the color of the solvent , and the use of another masking film that leaves no glue , can you tell me where I can buy it?
I do not know how to do the most for me is a big deal .

Hi, Tsunami airbrush.
After reading the translation provided by Ozairbrush, it seems that your masking film is leaving traces of adhesive behind and damaging your grafic of Valentino Rossi, correct?
The paint you are using is House of Kolor - solvent based, yes?
My best guess is that the solvent based paint is possibly leaching under ot through the Frisket, causing the adhesive to remain behind when you peel it off.
I would try wiping it down with a wax and grease remover, if the problem persists.
How was the preparation done, and what surface are you painting it on - I'm assuming the accordion is wood and plastic?
Maybe you're preparation was incorrect for the materials you are painting on?
I'm sure there will be other, more experienced users along soon with some better answers than mine, but this is my best guess.
Hope this helps,
Splasha.

It's my problem is that I frisket leaves glue on the drawing.
This problem always occurs when using solvent colors.
The paint does not end up under the frisket me, once I finish the piece I remove the stencil and on time I have left residues of glue, attracting dirt.
You what kind of frisket used?
I tried to film ORAMASK and masking film masking FRISKET® Original.
Both give me the same problem.

I use HOK urethanes daily and sometimes have to use frisket. As splasha said, if I do get any glue residue left on my art I use a mild wax and grease remover and it cleanly wipes off.

I use HOK urethanes daily and sometimes have to use frisket. As splasha said, if I do get any glue residue left on my art I use a mild wax and grease remover and it cleanly wipes off.
Could you tell me which wax?
Thanks for the help guys

I don't have much experience with frisket but solvent paints will 'gas off' for a while after painting. It almost sounds like this is happening under the frisket, the solvent gas may also be making the glue come off the frisket and be left behind.
Maybe you can try an inter-coat clear before using the frisket to seal your art or leave it for a few hours to gas off and settle down before applying the frisket. You can usually tell when it has finished as the strong smell goes away.

I don't have much experience with frisket but solvent paints will 'gas off' for a while after painting. It almost sounds like this is happening under the frisket, the solvent gas may also be making the glue come off the frisket and be left behind.
Maybe you can try an inter-coat clear before using the frisket to seal your art or leave it for a few hours to gas off and settle down before applying the frisket. You can usually tell when it has finished as the strong smell goes away.

I spoke with a technician ORAMASK frisket, he said it could be that the paint is not dry completely and this causes the melting of the glue.
I successively tried using the frisket after 48 hours of drying of the color but the glue has detached the same.
I hate to use the frisket, but are forced to paint complex written and details.
I also asked for an explanation in studies of airbrushing that I believe are the top in Italy for graphics in racing helmets http://www.aerostyle.it/ type, but have not received responses.

However I will treasure your advice and I will do other tests and I hope to marginalize this problem.
Thank you so much as I finish this piece will let you know.

Tsunami - you have to find a frisket product that is appropriate for solvent based paints. Frisket is NOT solvent friendly and will do exactly what you're describing. The best products i know of for automotive use are 'calmask' 'aslan' or even just large transfer tape, used to transfer vinyls and decals to the surface.

thanks Mitch ,
could you tell me a store online where to buy this film ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used Aslan sandblasting film before (it's see through so good for positioning, and can be removed easily without residue) but I think it has changed name. This company sells it http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/sandblastingfilm.asp but not sure if they send over seas??

If you click on the delivery button at the top of the page in your link they have a full list of shipping costs to all the European countries so yes they ship overseas:)

If you click on the delivery button at the top of the page in your link they have a full list of shipping costs to all the European countries so yes they ship overseas:)
Vary vary thanks