For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

The Marissa K33 Needle by Zsolt (for 0.18 microns)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by haasje dutchairbrush, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

The guy's name is actually Carlo and not Carly.

I think you'll find that Andre's point is the fact that the good folks at Foxy in collaboration with proffessor Zsolt have taken stock Micron needles and improved their performance immensely by means already duscussed, the work involved in making this happen as well as the time is reflected in the high price, the article you were pointed to was posted here long before you were a member and before they were actually released obviously, I doubt very very much that Foxy are doing any of this behind Iwata's back, in fact I'm even sure that Iwata knew even before it started, so the point at the end of the day is that some folks who would rather airbrush and create art than tamper with with stuff risking disaster are happy to pay for a stock needle and for the time it took to have it improved it, I seriously doubt that Foxy or anyone else is making a killing by providing this service especially when you consider a stock needle already costs up to $70, so since all the feedback from people who already own them is better than just positive, even I would gladly pay an extra $30 to $50 for one, the only reason I don't have one is because I just don't have the talent to justify it.

I don't mind telling you, I've had messages from one or two people whom you have upset with your argumentative and insulting approach, whilst I suggested that you be given the benefit of the doubt I'm afraid to say I too am beginning to find your conduct tedious, it may well be that what your doing isn't intentional but you are becoming the complete opposite of what this forum stands for and it pains me to watch you attack people here I consider friends and to be honest I wouldn't mind knowing what is the root of your anger, if you continue so, you will only serve to alienate yourself.

If you already know that you can do a better job yourself on your lathe, why not just do that? But until you actually own or try out the k33 needle I don't think you have anything productive to add, I would also suggest a little more research before accusing others of just letting their tongues roll for the hell of it.

I'm sorry if this upsets you but someone has to say something.
    musicmacd and Ronald art like this.
  2. Freakaziot

Freakaziot Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Dubble post, sorry bad Internet.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. Freakaziot

Yo guys just go with the flow.
    Every one can make a k33 needle, just carbonise the needle and polish etc etc. But that's not the point, zsolt and the foxy crew experimented and fabricate the needle to perfection(over years). But the most important\noble thing is that they want to share it. So they ask money for it, who cares? You are not forced to buy it.
    About Iwata knowing or not, it doesn't matter either.
    Those Japanese mod everything the can lay hands on.
    Some people don't like or are against modding stuff. And some people like to make devices, cars, wifes better than the original (like me :p)
    Since this thread iam thinking about carbonised titanium needles. The problem is I don't know **** about metal craftsmanship,so maybe zsolt is interested in the idea. So we can lift the needles to an even higher quality grade if it's possible to make and stays affordable.
    Who's in ??
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  4. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

Carlo and zsolt already tried titanium needles in the early stage. I can't remember why now but carlo said it doesn't/didn't work.
    Freakaziot likes this.
  5. Ronald art

Ronald art Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

from what I recall those needles where to hard to be of any use , it would ruin the nozzle
    Freakaziot likes this.
  6. ad fez

Aye it was something like that. ...I can't be sure though so I won't say for Def. ...alk I can say for Def is they tried and it didn't work for that purpose
    Freakaziot likes this.
  7. Barquester

Barquester Elite Member! Elite Member!

I am certainly not upset, but I think maybe you missed the fact that I now agree with most everyone on the benefits of K33 and the genius of Professor Zsolt and I am trying very hard to find one of his needles to buy, to no avail. All I ever wanted was information. If this has been misconstrued and I have insulted you or anyone else, I apologize and assure you it won't continue.
    Thomas
    frowan and musicmacd like this.
  8. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

After a little reading it seems that machining titanium is difficult and requires more expensive machines and involves high pressure cooling during the process, surface integrity is also poor after machining and the polishing procees required to make it usable in an airbrush is all but impossible, so I think the problem would be cost related, i.e. would probably cost in the region of 6 times that of the K33.

I also get the impression that thickness of a standard needle would mean that would be easy to snap since its hardness makes it more brittle.

I doubt anyone is going to be making these in their garage in the weekends:eek:
  9. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I have read this thread from the very beginning to its end and read every single word so I haven't missed anything at all, you were given information on a couple of occasions which was based on first hand knowledge and called the authors out on it, that is my point, I accept that it is not your intention to knowingly offend others but please read back on some of your own comments and I think you will see what I mean, we try to maintain a friendly atmosphere here and to be honest most of the time you do sound like one of the friendliest people around so I certainly don't doubt your sincerity, but some of what you've said here has come across as a little argumentative even if it wasn't meant in that way, I hope you understand what I mean.

I'm fast approaching 60 and started airbrushing four years ago, with little success I should add, I don't know everything but what I do know I'm happy to share, what I don't know I try to learn from the good people who do know, I've learned stuff here even from 16 year olds and I'm not too proud to admit that, I wouldn't dare to ask anyone including that 16 year old where they got there information from, after four years on the forum I'm pretty much convinced I can trust everyone and that's what makes this forum for me the best place to be:)
    musicmacd likes this.
  10. Freakaziot

I also think production cost are the main issue with titanium. The "medical" titanium valves I have seen are not that brittle. But the retail price where around 75k for one "experimental" valve. After checking I discovered that this specific type of valve doesn't require polishing in the fabrication progress.
    What I understood was: adding carbon and some other stuf into the titanium it starts a reaction around the titanium which will oxidise\corrode and will make a really smooth surface so no blood will clod to the valve, so less anticoagulants are needed. @Ronald art Now you mentioned the weak nozzle, I can imagine that breaking or making it a 0.5 nozzle would be the biggest problem.
    Solution: titanium nozzle, and some money from the Dutch government to support our art to make the indestructible and perfect airbrush.
    @Madbrush we can start a subsidised foundation for frustrated needle killing airbrush artist.
    If I see Carlo or Marissa I will ask why the titanium needle failed (just currious)
  11. ad fez

@Barquester
    Thomas thank you for that my friend, a slight apolagy and explanation goes along way with all on the forum. To second what madbrush has said (especially with me last week) you can come off pretty confrontational (as can I when i believe I have been wronged) and i think a few have just felt you are calling everyone out, like a "prove me wrong" kind of deal......but....as i say an apolagise goes a long way and last week was last week.
    None of us have all the info, but collectively we do. So if that is your quest then i think we can all agree to relax a bit and be a bit more welcoming.
    On the subject of foxy, Carlo (or carly as you called him heheheh) is the life and also business partner of marissa Oosterlee. Marissa is one of the finest artists of any medium especially airbrush, and Carlo, he is the one with crazy ideas, these ideas are transmitted to Prof. Zsolt by some kind of Italian mojo (i don't understand that bit) who makes the magic happen. Both of these guys are extremely hard working and as such do not frequent the forums too much, however they are friends of the forum (hence the discount voucher on front page of forum) and also close personal friends of many on the forum including myself.(hence I am a foxy studio ambassador) To this effect i will never post anything that i believe to be incorrect to create hype or anything like that, but also i won't let others post anything that is incorrect. I'm fortunate to get privileged info from the studio, some i share and some if i did share i would have a horses head in my bed haha but as i say they are nice approachable guys and although busy aim to give customers and interested painters the best info in a thorough way. That way people don't then post in correct info whilst mentioning their name. Carlo has said (although there is enough info on here and also facebook) that any clarification on the K33 needle or micron that anyone needs just shoot him an email
    Madbrush, jagardn and Freakaziot like this.
  12. Barquester

Barquester Elite Member! Elite Member!

I thank everyone for their patience, and even the lack of it. I've learned what I need to know on this thread, so thanks again. I'll check with Foxy for updates on the needles, as for the airbrush, there's always the lottery or a rich aunt dropping me a bundle.
    Strictly Attitude likes this.
  13. ad fez

These needles are now back in stock with foxy studio for a limited time guys
    musicmacd and Ronald art like this.
  14. rpglogic

rpglogic Young Tutorling

where's the info, link broken. I interested to to buy k33 needle 0.18, but i need 0.23 and 0.3 needle too since foxy studio not selling 0.23 and 0.3, i want to try to do it myself for 0.23 and 0.3 if possible. Anyone have any info how to do it? Thanks
  15. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

He removed everything that had to do with the K33 project. The K33 needle is not just a fine polished needle, it has a special coating as well. So know knowing how to polish it does not make it K33. The 0.23 is coming and seeing that you do not get a 0.3 needle for the Micron, that will never happen.
  16. rpglogic

rpglogic Young Tutorling

0.23 is coming ? good news , but there is no info on foxy website about it? or maybe i missed it. i just buy 0.18 and 0.23 from foxy then, I need 0.3 not for micron I need it for my Iwata HP-CH. Thanks for the info.
  17. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

It was announced on Facebook.
    rpglogic likes this.
  18. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

When?? Carlo seemed to indicate that it wasn't happening?? I Said I would buy 2 but he wasn't sure!
  19. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

Can anyone who tryed tell me about how better is the k33 to resist hits and bending ?
  20. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

10 times better at least! They are solid! They don't like being stabbed though :(
    Diegojavbau likes this.