The Truth - No Bias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@spiralcity peace be still... can I suggest perhaps it will be easier for you to do your own research and work it out for what you need... your question leads to what people prefer because that is what they use. You're not getting "tude". What might help is spend a bit more time looking around, taking the good advice you've been given and getting to know this community a bit better. In my humble opinion... offered without bias... :)

If that was all I was looking for sure, but reading my opening paragraphs pretty mush lays it all out. I wanted to hear how others are handling their guns and what makes life easier or difficult for them, it's much more than tuning your brush. I don't know why this seem so difficult for some to understand.

I can tell you, that I've been around here a while and this is a very friendly place. We have very few threads that go down this path. The problem is not likely the many people who have questioned what you are looking for.

Comments like "I don't know why this seem so difficult for some to understand" sounds pretty pompous and condescending.

You have completely missed the point of the thread. Completely. I don't know how else to explain it to you. I do not need an opinion on what you think is best. I want to know what your doing with your guns , what works for you and what doesn't. It's simple, I really cant make it any simpler to understand.

I don't mean to be rude but I've just read through the whole of your first post in this thread, I've actually read it three times now to try to understand what it was you were after, I finally got it, but it appears only halfway down your last paragraph in that post, everything above that paragraph has absolutley nothing to do with what we're looking for, again I don't mean to be rude but you should really read it back yourself because it reads like a challenge, a criticism, an instruction all combined with demands.

You wanted to know without hype or bias what brushes we use, what we use them for, how they work for us and we had to modify them to the best out of them, you could easily have asked all of that just as I've written it here, basically one small paragraph would have taken you straight to what you were after without you getting worked up and getting others worked up at the same time.

Again I apologise if that sounds harsh but please reread your opening statement and try to see what we all saw, all you had to do was keep it short and be specific.

I can tell you, that I've been around here a while and this is a very friendly place. We have very few threads that go down this path. The problem is not likely the many people who have questioned what you are looking for.

Comments like "I don't know why this seem so difficult for some to understand" sounds pretty pompous and condescending.
It was friendly and tame, I have been polite and so has everyone else. I reported those post left for me. responding to a thread is one thing, calling someone out for an attitude simply because you haven't grasped the gist of the thread is another.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my first post on this thread i simply was giving my input (being it would be bias no matter how you slice it). And what you are asking is a debatable topic that could easily go any many directions, as it has. Being there IS many factors involved to come to some kind of truth. But really what you are seeking isnt really there to seek. You can only figure it out for yourself from experience and getting your hands dirty by testing what works for you. Nobody can tell what it is. Yeah some can lead you in the right direction, but thats based on opinions.

I don't have any clue what you are talking about. If you don't have any thing to add, I suggest leaving the thread. It's obvious you are upset for whatever reason, so to save you any such grief you have the choice to leave.

I and many of the people you are stirring the pot with have earned the respect of this community. I suggest you start treating people with respect, as we won't be the ones leaving.

I don't mean to be rude but I've just read through the whole of your first post in this thread, I've actually read it three times now to try to understand what it was you were after, I finally got it, but it appears only halfway down your last paragraph in that post, everything above that paragraph has absolutley nothing to do with what we're looking for, again I don't mean to be rude but you should really read it back yourself because it reads like a challenge, a criticism, an instruction all combined with demands.

You wanted to know without hype or bias what brushes we use, what we use them for, how they work for us and we had to modify them to the best out of them, you could easily have asked all of that just as I've written it here, basically one small paragraph would have taken you straight to what you were after without you getting worked up and getting others worked up at the same time.

Again I apologise if that sounds harsh but please reread your opening statement and try to see what we all saw, all you had to do was keep it short and be specific.

You understood I was looking to move towards art and the rest explains itself. I don't think you are being rude, and If it was a bit confusing I did my best to explain my previous post.

Not just mods, anything that makes your life easier with what you use, your approach and so forth. That was the gist behind this thread, and I stated that in my first post.
Being I paint anything from cars to bikes to mail boxes to canvas to what ever an airbrush that works 99.9% of the time that way it is suppose to makes my life easier . Durability is a big factor , parts being available locally is a plus but not always the case .
Picking the right paint for the job and know the material you are paint on is also a huge plus . The airbrush is only a small part of the puzzle when it comes to actually creating art with an airbrush that you want o make stand the test of time.
I don't have any clue what you are talking about. If you don't have any thing to add, I suggest leaving the thread. It's obvious you are upset for whatever reason, so to save you any such grief you have the choice to leave.
First off no one has the right to ask someone to leave a thread or no comment on it. That is why this is a forum ,When you ask an opinion you may not always get the comments you are looking for .
So I guess I will have to just lock this thread from any further post .

I and many of the people you are stirring the pot with have earned the respect of this community. I suggest you start treating people with respect, as we won't be the ones leaving.

Wait a second, everyone has a choice to reply or not. I am not stirring anything, and if I offended your friend that was not intentional and that has nothing to do with anyone else. it's your choice to post and continue to do so, so saying I am stirring the pot is half the story and not a fair assement at all. I explained myself as thoroughly as I could, if others didn't grasp that I am not to blame.

I can only give you my version and my truth : my first airbrush was an Iwata the hp SB plus with the 0.2 set up and I loved it from the start after attending a workshop where I worked with a Iwata Cm SB I changed the airvalve spring and nozzle cap on my HP for the micron version and later on I changed the micron spring for the much smoother Zsolt spring . not much longer after these mods I bought the CM SB fitted with the Zsolt spring I just love . in 2012 I had a little set back and I didnt use the airbrush for over 18 months and when I picked it up again I found out my right hand wasnt as good as it used to be and I was offered a trigger extention just to try it out it was only 5 mm higher but I could not work with it as I found it was to tall so a 2mm version was made for me and that was just perfect for that time but after a few month working with it and gaining more control over my trigger finger I removed it and was on the look out for a trigger that was just a fraction higher but more important a little wider than the stock micron trigger . I found the CM SB V2 was just perfect for me and I bought that airbrush again with the soft spring and fitted the K33 needle as soon as it hit the market .
being a absolute Micron side feed lover I jumped at the chance to buy the custom build CM SM K33 , is the the best airbrush ever built ? yes to me it is but it wont be any ones "friend" : for starters it is a sidefeed airbrush and it is crazy expensive.
this is my version and my truth but in my mind the truth only counts for the one that holds the brush in combination with the paint you use and know how it works best

It mas friendly and tame, I have been polite and so has everyone else. I reported those post left for me. responding to a thread is one thing, calling someone out for an attitude simply because you haven't grasped the gist of the thread is another.
I have rejected both your reports Sorry but respect is earned and VR has more than earned his voice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back