For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Tiger's tail

Discussion in 'Airbrush References!' started by beginner-James, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

Yep, that's the stuff:thumbsup: although it's not available here in all those sizes, it is generally a printing product just as Yupo was/is.
    twood likes this.
  2. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I have A3 terraslate. I ordered a sample pack direct from them. Freight is the killer for me. 8 sheets A3 cost me US$26 to Australia. I will try it but I won’t be buying it again at that price.
  3. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I got the biggest size they had at 14x18 inchs
  4. Malky

I've been hunting around here in the UK for and can only find it in A4, I've found it both on Amazon and EBay and one or other places but it's expensive stuff, I know the postage is extortionate outside of the UK no matter where it comes from, I don't see the point to asking for samples if they don't make other sizes available within the UK.

I don't plan to work much bigger than A4 but occasionally I might want to go to A3 if the level of detail demands it, my funds these days are very restricted so I prefer not to waste what little I have at my disposal on shipping and administration costs, so far everything I've ordered this year with the exception of 2 orders has been free delivery, the needle and nozzle I ordered yesterday only cost me £1.98.
    basepaint and JackEb like this.
  5. beginner-James

beginner-James Spider Splatterer

Malky can you tell me the actual lead time on the delivery for your needle and nozzle please as i may order some paint from them and a extra needle for both my new brushes
  6. Malky

From where I ordered it, if you order before 2:30 PM you can have it the next day, from the same website you have several options including same day delivery (UK only) I chose 24 hour but ordered last night around 8 pm so it becomes 24 hours from this morning:)

I'm climbing the walls now wondering what to with myself till it comeso_O
    jord001 and beginner-James like this.
  7. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot!

Theres a UK made product called toughprint, that seems to be very similar to terraslate. As of yet un-tested though, could be worth a shot.
    A4 is cheap enough. A3 unfortunately only comes in 250 sheet packages.....

Im not sure what your exact process is for clouds but IMO ....yes snow is done extremely similar. vague reflections and the like. Just with edges that arent quite as soft. The snow doesnt look too bad in that shot since a large part is out of focus anyhow.

The fur intimidates me....I'll have to try some.
    Fur ,chrome, and flames are big challenges....to me anyhow
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018 at 5:42 PM
    beginner-James likes this.
  8. splasha

splasha Detail Decepticon!

Yoy know. I seem to recall an exercise available here for fur - a Leopard portrait, if I'm not mistaken = in the tutorial section over head.
    Might be worth doing before attempting your masterwork?
    It was one of the first tutorials I did that I could actually say I was happy with the end result - and I still have it.
    Yeah, fur seems to be a subject of fear, alarm and trepidation to artists of all persuasions, but if you do a practice piece like the tutorial first, at least you'll have the foundation skills to give you a good shot at your next work.
    It only gets better from here on in.