For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

To leak or not to leak - this is the....

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by snufkin, Feb 22, 2014.

1. snufkin

snufkin Spider Splatterer

I have an Iwata airbrush and when I airbrush with it I notice that I have air leak from behind the Nozzle cup (or in front)
    it's something that I have never would have notice but since I put a soapy water I saw a lot of bubbles forming. I hope I get the part name correctly but it's not the part that u can screw with the additional Iwata screwdriver it's the one in front of it so I don't have any means to tighten it more ( the fingers don't do anything)
    so my question is
    is it normal and doesn't effect anything at all? or it's really not ...and I must talk with the customer service
    thanks a lot
  2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Admin

It's most probably air leaking around the threads, and no amount of tightening will completely stop this. What you need is to put some bee's wax or chap stick (lip balm) on the threads of the nozzle before tightening it, this should resolve the issue. Do this every time you reassemble it after cleaning.

Hope it helps. :)
  3. Flyingskwerrl

Flyingskwerrl Young Tutorling

White knight is right! This kicked my butt for a while until I remember something about Chapstick on the threads. Works amazazing!!!

Lines n Dotz, Lines n Dotz!!!
  4. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

i dont even wory about it they all do it it doesnt effect the airbrushes ability
  5. ko.

ko. Elite Member! Elite Member!

I agree with the Ferret As does coast airbrush At least with Iwata
  6. Squidge

Squidge Young Tutorling

I had this problem with my Neo. I used some chapstick and it helped somewhat but it still leaks a little and I'm still getting water drops in the paint (maybe the two problems are not related?)
  7. Cuda

Cuda Hot Glue King. Very Likeable!

Yeah I used to use a new wax ring for a toilet seal and works great. Almost all my Iwatas leak and have stopped waxing them and it doesn't really affect my painting. Even my brand new micron was blowing bubbles as soon as I got it.
  8. snufkin

snufkin Spider Splatterer

Thanks if it doesn't effect performance so... But...tephlon tape won't do the job as well?