Trident VS. Wicked/AA VS. Etac PS

I have used it on everything But it is designed for hard surfaces..

Ok ty :)

I think stay with createx ... anyway i only found 3 choice in stores around my house ... createx,auto air and com art...

And shipping is ridiculous on internet ... like 15 to 35$ for one 4oz ... so i have to order a full set if i want it a bit "cost-effective"...

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

Last edited by a moderator:
stay away from the original createx unless you are just doing fabric All of there other lines work REALLY well and can be used on pretty much everything

stay away from the original createx unless you are just doing fabric All of there other lines work REALLY well and can be used on pretty much everything

I already buy a full set (74 colors) of original createx a couple years ago like i say in my original post... but tip dry is ridiculous when i reduce with water (its better with illustration base) ... thats why i look for somethig "better"

But i spend money on that paint and ill probably use it on "interior project" before! But im looking for something suitable on helmets!

In local store i found only ... createx ... aa ... com art ... spectra tex... for other brand ill have to order on web...

If somebody around montreal/canada know a shop who sell wicked and etac, please tell me !!! :p

AA is erasable but is hard to erase, lol. The new Illustration paints by Createx are what I would recommend if you are erasing a lot

I am not sure how erasable it is but Maple Art is in Canada and they sell Trident. Shipping shouldn't be to bad I wouldn't think. If you can get Createx Illustration locally then I would think that is the way to go. Etac-FX would be my choice for erasable paint but you can only get that online.

AA is erasable but is hard to erase, lol. The new Illustration paints by Createx are what I would recommend if you are erasing a lot

I don't but I will! i've just post my first work yesterday hehe ;-)

I am not sure how erasable it is but Maple Art is in Canada and they sell Trident. Shipping shouldn't be to bad I wouldn't think. If you can get Createx Illustration locally then I would think that is the way to go. Etac-FX would be my choice for erasable paint but you can only get that online.

Yeah but, for Trident, I have to order a 90$+ set and it's a bit expensive to me for "try" a new brand ... I wait because Donna from maple art say they (maybe) build smaller sampler set, like 1 black 1 white and 1 reducer....

I can't get illustration line in local store (I don't found it) but only original Createx and Auto Air...

I think i'll order a sample set of Wicked and Illustration and try Trident when maple call me back ... The problem with Trident is the very low choice of color, I know I can mix basics colors to make more but they have no pearl, irridecent, metallic, shifting color, etc (like AA)... maybe Trident will add more later...?

I think I will stay with Createx, try the 4 lines, they have a lot of colors and great products!

Use all my regular Createx and replace that for Wicked... Its suitable for everything I need... Buy the AA colors I need who is not availlable with Wicked... and a set of illustration if I want to do portrait later!

I think you would like the Etac-FX paint very much. You can only buy from us airbrush .com $53.70 for (6) 2oz primary set plus shipping. It is great paint for erasing and flows very nice.

I think you would like the Etac-FX paint very much. You can only buy from us airbrush .com $53.70 for (6) 2oz primary set plus shipping. It is great paint for erasing and flows very nice.

yes but i think etec need a lot of aditive to be performant ... and a couple of review say you have to be very carefull because the paint is very sticky and very easy to scratch until its cure...

do you have that problem?

And I have too keep in mind... my main objective in ABing is helmets and mortorcycle painting ... the paint have to be suitable for exterior.

The etac fx is for exterior it is light fast. You can contact etac from the website and they can explain all the additives they have, but you really do not need to use many of them. I have used the reduce air which is the base paint with no color. just to make the color more transparent. So I did not reduce the paint as far as flow. It does seem to go on wetter, so you have to be careful. I have only played with it on foam board. But it flowed very nice and I could erase and scratch without issues.

ok ty!

I really have to try all brand by myself to make me an idea! :p

$$$$$$ ... :-/

ok ty!

I really have to try all brand by myself to make me an idea! :p

$$$$$$ ... :-/

I contacted createx online and they sent me a sample of the illustration black white and reducer. I had to buy a set of ETAC they did not do samples.

I contacted createx online and they sent me a sample of the illustration black white and reducer. I had to buy a set of ETAC they did not do samples.

Oh really? who i have to contact? customer service???

[QUOTE=Blackthorne;109106]Oh really? who i have to contact? customer service???

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4![/QUOTE]
Yeah I sent customer service an email (customerservice@createxcolors.com)

MY EMAIL: Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me, which paints in the line are the best for erasing and scratching? I am still quite new at Airbrushing, and I have only used the regular Createx line of paints. So I am looking to see what brands are the best for this application. Also do any dealers sell small sample packs to try them out before purchasing larger quantities? Thank you for any advise and information you can offer.
CREATEX REPLY:
The Createx Illustration Colors are available in 1oz. and 2oz. sizes. They are available individually or in sets which are listed on our website. Please provide a mailing address to we will send a complimentary sample and our product folder. Please let us know if we may be further assistance.

ok ill try to get a sample! thanks!

I still prefer uro's/automotive acrylics LOL, likely I'll have to move on soon as no doubt the fun police will tell me I cant use em soon enough..but all the ones ya mentioned will do a good job from those I've seen or used.

Createx send me a user guide with color chart and "how to" dvds ... but no paint :(

Back