Trying to change to 0.5mm needle

B

Blackktieguy

Hey guys!

First off I'm not sure if this question belongs here or not so I'm sorry if it doesn't.

I'm trying to change my needle size on my airbrush from 0.3mm to 0.5mm and I just purchased a few needles and an Iwata nozzle. I'm still new to airbrushing so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I got the wrong product but the nozzle does not fit at all on my airbrush (if I'm doing everything correctly) and was wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just getting the wrong items needed to switch needles.

Attachments

• airbrush.jpg
    airbrush.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 34
  • airbrush 1.jpg
    airbrush 1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 34
from your pics it looks like your brush has a screw in nozzle and the nozzle on the second pic is a self centring one, if so then they wont fit. not all iwata nozzles will fit all iwata brushes you need to buy the correct one, what type of brush do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What airbrush is that? Like @matty171 said, your trying to fit a drop in nozzle, in this case from an Eclipse, on a screw on body. But you need exact parts. Even within Iwata, you can not mix parts between tiers. And even if this was the correct nozzle and needle, you would have needed the nozzle cap as well.

You can convert most iwata airbrushes , but you have an eclipse nozzle for a ??? airbrush . What model of airbrush do you have?

Yup, just coz it says Iwata doesn't mean the same parts fit. First off, you need a needle/nozzle/aircap set for the size even with the eclipse. By the look of it you are trying to fit Eclipse parts to either a hi-line or a micron...

This all makes sense. I have a basic starter master airbrush brand. I suppose I just got hopeful due to the fact the iwata said it would fit all I suppose I need to do more research from here on out about what I'm buying. I was looking at Iwata airbrushes though...

Any suggestions for good screw on 0.5mm nozzle? I have the needles and aircaps for the 0.5mm already.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-St...fkmr2&keywords=screw+on+0.5mm+airbrush+nozzle

I was looking at these.

This all makes sense. I have a basic starter master airbrush brand. I suppose I just got hopeful due to the fact the iwata said it would fit all I suppose I need to do more research from here on out about what I'm buying. I was looking at Iwata airbrushes though...

Any suggestions for good screw on 0.5mm nozzle? I have the needles and aircaps for the 0.5mm already.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Nozzles-Replacement-Airbrush/dp/B00BLXTJ8Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1486508922&sr=1-2-fkmr2&keywords=screw on 0.5mm airbrush nozzle

I was looking at these.

Ooops, it does not work this way. Very few brushes have parts or pieces that will interchange, especially across brands. Looking at your brush, it looks like it may be a Master G22? If so, what you need to do is look for parts specifically for that brush - I am fairly sure they will be listed as parts for the G222 (same brush, sold with three different head/needle set up's). To switch sizes you will need a needle, the nozzle, and a corresponding air cap. All three parts need to be changed together in order for the brush to function properly.

So it seems I have an issue with the one I purchased. I tried to screw the nozzle onto the airbrush but it just won't screw in. Almost as if it is just BARELY too small.

Attachments

• nozzle.jpg
    nozzle.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 10
  • nozzle 2.jpg
    nozzle 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 11
well, I think you have just discovered the hardest part about buying an inexpensive import :eek: . I am not too sure how to advise you on this one - not knowing where the brush was purchased, what documentation was provided with it, etc. it is next to impossible to advise on where or what to purchase to remedy your problem. Even though it looks like a "G22", it seems as though there could be more than one brush being sold as a "G22"... depending on vendor (or maybe even day of the week)

I was searching another brush this morning, a very popular import, and I was able to find at least 5 different brushes under the same name that are actually quite different, but similar...

I think rather than keep striking out, I would be tempted to purchase another complete brush and if wanting to go to .5, purchase that conversion from the same place, at the same time.

well, I think you have just discovered the hardest part about buying an inexpensive import :eek: . I am not too sure how to advise you on this one - not knowing where the brush was purchased, what documentation was provided with it, etc. it is next to impossible to advise on where or what to purchase to remedy your problem. Even though it looks like a "G22", it seems as though there could be more than one brush being sold as a "G22"... depending on vendor (or maybe even day of the week)

I was searching another brush this morning, a very popular import, and I was able to find at least 5 different brushes under the same name that are actually quite different, but similar...

I think rather than keep striking out, I would be tempted to purchase another complete brush and if wanting to go to .5, purchase that conversion from the same place, at the same time.

Any recommendations on a good airbrush because I'm halfway tempted to buy a new one, lol...

I would add my recommendation to the eclipse to. Love that thing. It usually comes with a .35 set up, and you can also get the .5 to swap out to, to make an awesome allround brush, even more versatile.

Back