Trying to fit HP-C+ tall trigger

K

Kelan

For the life of me, I can not figure out how to install the tall trigger. It almost seems as though they sent me the wrong one. Any tips would be fantastic, thank you.

It seems like there's nothing wrong:) From the picture I could say that on the left is HP-C+ trigger which is by the way is taller than HP-B (SB)+ and on the right is the trigger for HP-BC+ model only, and it's the tallest among High Perfomance series. So it depends what to call taller trigger:)
You can make the extention of the trigger or so called trigger pad. It works just great. I've written a thread on making of it here on the forum.

The right one was sold to me as a tall trigger upgrade for my c+, but I can't figure out how to install it. The extra plunger seems to be in the way. Im confused.

The right one was sold to me as a tall trigger upgrade for my c+, but I can't figure out how to install it. The extra plunger seems to be in the way. Im confused.

There's a piston inside the AB body right above the air walve. You can pull it out and then try to install the trigger for HP-BC+, but as I remember piston installed on this trigger is bigger diameter than as installed in HP-C+ body.

There's a piston inside the AB body right above the air walve. You can pull it out and then try to install the trigger for HP-BC+, but as I remember piston installed on this trigger is bigger diameter than as installed in HP-C+ body.

Ok I will try that after this airbrushing session.

It is easier to get the piston out by removing the air valve. You just push it out from the bottom with the back of you needle. It is a mission trying with tweezers from the top.

Just thought I would post an update. Removing the piston worked great, easiest by far was pushing it out from the bottom. Thanks AndreZA!

Here is a comparison:

Before:

After:

Can't wait to try it out and see the difference in control.

Thanx for the info!:)
Are the pistons of both models the same, I mean their diameters?

Can't wait to try it out and see the difference in control.

You will definetly feel the difference!;) But if you put an extention onto it you'll be surprised again as it was here with me:)

Thanx for the info!:)
Are the pistons of both models the same, I mean their diameters?

You will definetly feel the difference!;) But if you put an extention onto it you'll be surprised again as it was here with me:)

I believe the original piston is slightly bigger, but the new trigger fits and operates great. Next time I take it apart I will pull out the micrometer.

BTW - I am trying to find this thread you are speaking of, on how to make an extension/pad.

Back