Two Paasche VL's (same problem)

M

Marc Suggs

I have two Paasche VL's and have recently started having the exact problem with both guns. When I press the trigger air flows great when barley pushed but as I press more on the trigger the air slows way down and almost stops. I have never had this on any of my other guns just the two of these...
I have taken them apart several times and tried to clean. Using a bright light and mag glass I couldn't see anything in any parts I could see... Any ideas?
Thanks a million

I have two Paasche VL's and have recently started having the exact problem with both guns. When I press the trigger air flows great when barley pushed but as I press more on the trigger the air slows way down and almost stops. I have never had this on any of my other guns just the two of these...
I have taken them apart several times and tried to clean. Using a bright light and mag glass I couldn't see anything in any parts I could see... Any ideas?
Thanks a million

Not familiar with the brush Marc but have you stripped down the air valves?? Could be where the problem is, altho for both to be doing the same thing all of a sudden is strange. Like i say i dont know the brush but im sure someone will be along better informed than me soon so sit tight [emoji4]

After rereading my original post and your reply I realized that I made it sound like both started at the same time. But one has been that way for some time just never needed bit the one at a time so I didn't fool around with it. But now they have both started it..
I will try to look at the airvalve but with my clunky clumsy fingers I will prolly loose a piece. Lol (guess I will put down a towel and go at it...
Thanks for the suggestion..

After rereading my original post and your reply I realized that I made it sound like both started at the same time. But one has been that way for some time just never needed bit the one at a time so I didn't fool around with it. But now they have both started it..
I will try to look at the airvalve but with my clunky clumsy fingers I will prolly loose a piece. Lol (guess I will put down a towel and go at it...
Thanks for the suggestion..

You should have a look at youtube aswell might be a vid on how to dismantle the airvalves

Looks like the trigger rests on a ball joint at the top of the valve shaft. Is the base of the trigger worn or the ball itself? Or maybe some paint leaked back in there and dried up at the back side of the trigger. It could possibly cause that problem.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420319754.096363.jpg

Thanks for all the help... I decided to take the plunge and breakdown the airvalve. ( hoping I don't loose any parts) the picture is different than mine.. They are older... It has the trigger with an extended moveable piece that fits in the slot... (A bugger to get back in...) It looked like all three pieces were OK.. (Not that I would know ) so I decided to soak it in a solution and low and behold after putting it all together again I have not one but two working AB's...
Thanks for the support. I doubt I would have ever been bold enough to take that part of the gun apart(assumed there was lots of little parts) lol
Thanks again...

Back