Ultrasonic cleaner

M

MrRuffles

looking for a ultrasonic cleaner to get my airbrushes cleaned out, as the needle sometimes sticks from paint I can't get out well enough.

Anyone recommended a good one?

looking for a ultrasonic cleaner to get my airbrushes cleaned out, as the needle sometimes sticks from paint I can't get out well enough.

Anyone recommended a good one?
Any ultrasonic jewelry cleaner will do. My suggestion would be to break down the airbrush and remove the O rings that are rubber from the trigger area (2 usually) and use a airbrush cleaning brush and some Createx restorer and run the brush through the open chamber and the rinse thoroughly with water. Don't use restorer on rubber O rings because it makes the rubber swell. Also do not soak the body of the airbrush because it can get into the air supply passage and very hard to get out. The nozzle and head you can soak. Rinse everything with water. Use a tiny dob of petroleum jelly on the trigger ring. Don't use super lube. It tends gum up over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

I found one on amazon simply by searching and then picking one that I felt was middle of the road for what turned up. I think it was under $40, and it seemed to me that many of them where about the same, but branded under different names... Has done a wonderful job thus far, maybe about a year in.

I very rarely have to Tear my airbrush all the way down (about once a month I do it just to Keep it running smoothly ) and I'm painting about every day,
You might not be getting your brush cleaned out well enough at the end of your painting session, After a really good Back flush Dont spray the paint out Dump it out and reflush with Airbrush cleaner after you do that spray some clean water thru it and you should be good to go for the next time,

I have a cheap one standing around , but I hardly ever use it and in the 8 or 9 years I own it I think I only used it 4 or 5 times and only after I forgot to clean a airbrush I use for larger coverage every once in a while , it is like Basepaint says clean your airbrush after every session and you will not need one .
and never put a nozzle in it as chances are it will get damaged as is moves around a lot in the metal container

I have one, I used it once. Nice to have, but not necessary. You just need to get a good cleaning routine. But they're pretty cheap, so cant hurt.

I know alot of people don't recommend a full cleaning after each session but I break my brush down after every use, no matter if I used it for 5 minutes or 5 hours and I have never run into a "dirty brush" problem.

It puts my mind at ease knowing it's 100% clean for the next session.

If for some odd chance I don't believe I got all the paint out I use createx restorer.

My guns never get that dirty that it needs an Ultra-sonic bath. I can thank E'tac for that. I only strip my guns for a complete clean once a month or so.

I almost never strip my guns. Its just unnecessary wear and tear, and on one of the coast airbrush live feeds recently one of the guys said the same. Paint shouldn't be getting into the back so that's not a worry. Wicked paint is easy to clean, so a flush with 4012 to clean the nozzle, and needle wipe and you're good to go.

Thanks for the info.

I have a Iwata Neo and a Badger Krome.

On the Badger I took it apart to clean it. After putting it back together and pulling back on the trigger it won't snap back into it's resting position. Stays open. I have to push the back of the needle forward with my hand.

Thought maybe it was clogged up with paint and wasn't cleaned good enough. Maybe something is wrong with the brush?

Did you take out the needle packing bearing when you stripped it? If it felt tight getting the needle back in, maybe you over tightened it? There should be a little resistance, but not too much. Or maybe adjust the spring tension.

You may be able to tell if your nozzle is blocked by loosening the chuck, and gently moving the needle back and forth by hand. If it feels sticky or spongy then there is probably old paint in the nozzle. But that would be unlikely to keep the trigger fully open.

Thanks for the info.

I have a Iwata Neo and a Badger Krome.

On the Badger I took it apart to clean it. After putting it back together and pulling back on the trigger it won't snap back into it's resting position. Stays open. I have to push the back of the needle forward with my hand.

Thought maybe it was clogged up with paint and wasn't cleaned good enough. Maybe something is wrong with the brush?
It seems to me that Badgers tend to suffer this problem pretty commonly. I'm not sure off the top of my head if anyone has come up with a fix for it...

Back