Urgent help needed! Custom micron b .18 set up £199 used. Is it a deal?

T

Tufty

I've seen a iwata custom micron b with a .18 set up used a few times for £199.00.

ive been looking for for a fine detail set up so was looking at a H and S infinity.

is this a good price for a micron and what's the difference with c, b and plus models?

any help much appreciated.

I have an iwata micron and infinity, for me and providing you get the reduction right the infinity takes some beating, spares for the iwata are I bit high and I wish I hadn’t brought mine.

Tony

I have an iwata micron and infinity, for me and providing you get the reduction right the infinity takes some beating, spares for the iwata are I bit high and I wish I hadn’t brought mine.

Tony

Thats a great point I haven't even thought about Tony. Do you like your H and S ? I've heard good things about them and a couple negatives. Thanks for your input that's great advice and something I hadn't considered.

Tufty

I've seen a iwata custom micron b with a .18 set up used a few times for £199.00.

ive been looking for for a fine detail set up so was looking at a H and S infinity.

is this a good price for a micron and what's the difference with c, b and plus models?

any help much appreciated.

The differents between them is that the C has the large cup and a .23 setup, the C plus has also the mac valve on the front, and the b has the 0.18mm setup and the small cup.
I think the 199 pounds are a ok price if its in a really good shape. but i seen cheaper ones on the german ebay site from time to time. As Tony mentioned the spare parts for the
micron are much more expensive then the ones for the Infinity, but i heard that the needles are pretty tough for the micron. The 0.15mm needles from H&S are pretty soft and you
have to be very carefull with them that you dont bend them. Prices for a nozzle here in germany are 16 Euros for the Infinity and 48 Euros for the micron for example. Needles are not
as bad, it´s around 11 Euros Infinity and 18 Euros for the micron.
As for the guns themself i don´t have either of them, but i do have the H&S Evolution with the Infinity setup and i have a Olympos Micron 200B that is like the father of the Iwata micron B lol.
I think the Olympos has a bit better atomization then the H&S and also abit finer details.

Thanks for all your help, I have been ready to purchase the infinity for a While but saving the last few pennies towards it. Then I saw this which threw a spanner in the plan lol. Thanks for all your help!... I'm still Edging towards the Infinity.

I have the Infinity .15 setup and a CM-C+ with a .23 setup.

Now since i got my Micron the Infinity is not seeing any spray time at all, I just keep being amazed of the atomization and control i have with the Micron and it just feels natural when i use it, whereas with the Infinity I have a feeling that we are just not on the same pace.

If you have any means to get to try both i would definitely go for that before a purchase, i have heard of people scrapping their Micron for an Infinity but also the other way around.

I see that you more or less made up your mind here, but i just had to throw in my opinion as well to show that we all feel differently... No right or wrong here, but just personal preferences!

I have the Infinity .15 setup and a CM-C+ with a .23 setup.

Now since i got my Micron the Infinity is not seeing any spray time at all, I just keep being amazed of the atomization and control i have with the Micron and it just feels natural when i use it, whereas with the Infinity I have a feeling that we are just not on the same pace.

If you have any means to get to try both i would definitely go for that before a purchase, i have heard of people scrapping their Micron for an Infinity but also the other way around.

I see that you more or less made up your mind here, but i just had to throw in my opinion as well to show that we all feel differently... No right or wrong here, but just personal preferences!

I have an hp c plus at the moment and feel the same as you with the infinity, canput my finger on the problem. Thanks for your help lost.

I have the HP-CH which is basically the same as HP-C+ just with a MacValve, it is my workhorse and love it.

This just shows that we are not equal in the way we work and handle our tools, some like one brand others another.

Now i see you are from UK, make a shoutout and see if someone is having an Infinity you can pop by and try out.

If you decide on the Infinity then PM me, as i have the 2-1 set and I'm letting it go, we might figure out a good price.

I love my micron and my infinity and my hp-ch and my hp-b+ any of these brushes are top notch as far as micron vs. infinity the parts for the infinity are cheaper but the atomization of the micron is un matched

i have infinity i was just watchingthat vid with marisa and her gold airbrush and iv never been able to paint like that the needle for the infinity are verry delicate if you look at them wrong they bend i like my infinity waiting on new nozzle set lots of extra parts you can get and it can change to a .6 tip and use tiny cup to v large cup i just dont think ill rest till iv tried an iwatacmmicron and com art ha ha

Back