Using a Fibre Pen for scratching Hair/fur

Close... If you buy the 2mm refills then they fit in a 2mm mechanical pencil...

Question about this technique, are you applying the brush technique right after you apply the paint when it is still wet? Or are you applying after it has dried?

Question about this technique, are you applying the brush technique right after you apply the paint when it is still wet? Or are you applying after it has dried?

That depends on your paint. E'tac never fully hardens so you can come back days later and still work it. Createx products cures and then you can't erase it.

Okay because I am currently using wicked but received some com-art samples as well as golden. Do you know if these are fast drying or stay relatively soft?

Also depends what surface your painting on. Wicked is erasable - check out Cory stClair videos.

How long after he lays down the paint does he erase? Any paint can be erased before it cures, even 2K. And also how aggressive and with what you erase.

How long after he lays down the paint does he erase? Any paint can be erased before it cures, even 2K. And also how aggressive and with what you erase.
He erase's as he goes I presume and uses mostly the electric eraser from what I have seen. Illustration erases easily for a few days in my experience

Wicked does not easily erase lol. It scrapes off with great difficulty. I have some com art what do u guys think of that? Worth a try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Com art erases fine. And scratches well. It works incredibly well on slightly porous surfaces.

Golden is great paint too. A bit thicker than com art. Coverage about the same as createx illustration, just a little tougher.

I obviously have used too many paints!

Com art erases fine. And scratches well. It works incredibly well on slightly porous surfaces.

Golden is great paint too. A bit thicker than com art. Coverage about the same as createx illustration, just a little tougher.

I obviously have used too many paints!
Useful commentary though. I found schminke really hard to erase/scratch on yupo or art card as well.

Interesting to hear people's experience with different paints and media, my own experience is that whatever paint or substrate I try i always come back to etac efx on G4 paper, gesso mdf or claybord.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear people's experience with different paints and media, my own experience is that whatever paint or substrate I try i always come back to etac efx on G4 paper, gesso mdf or claybord.

Not tried the efx, probably will sometime.

I prefer gessoboard over anything. Including claayboard. Yupo is not for me.

I realize this is a old thread, but i just stumbled across it today on my lunch hour. When i got home i tried it and it worked pretty good on the first scratch. Actually i was impressed. Its after that it went downhill..i need to work on my layering skills. Very nice writeup with pic bean.

Erasing and scratching works very good with opake Schmincke Aerocolors on primed MDF board and varnished Schöllershammer Airbrushpaper.
The tips and tricks from you beanboleuk have developed my technique to paint.

Erasing and scratching works very good with opake Schmincke Aerocolors on primed MDF board and varnished Schöllershammer Airbrushpaper.
The tips and tricks from you beanboleuk have developed my technique to paint.
Thank you Micha glad to help, just trying to 'spread the love' as airbrush tutor would say :)

Back