Water and Oil when draining air tank of 20A Compressor

@Madbrush Good tip, thanks, I was wondering what to use for cleaning up the oil residue. I'll also check the compressor manual for any oil specs, if not I'll just be more careful when looking through the Oil Level Window and wait longer before adding more. :whistling:
View attachment 31646
I'll also have a look at my air hose and I'll order another one anyway, better to be safe than sorry eh?:thumbsup:

Well I had no idea they had an oil level window so can ignore that part, lol

Well I had no idea they had an oil level window so can ignore that part, lol
lol Oh, ok :D I've only just found out that that is also where I have to drain the oil from when I do an oil change. I had wondered why it looks like a nut or bolt head around the outside of the window part. :confused: I always find new things scarey until I do it and find it's not so bad after all :glasses:

Melbee looking at your sight glass you should really be keeping your oil level in the middle. Thats true for sight glasses on anything not just compressors, I think you may not be "Overfilled" to the point of damage, but I am pretty sure this is the cause of your problem.

Melbee looking at your sight glass you should really be keeping your oil level in the middle. Thats true for sight glasses on anything not just compressors, I think you may not be "Overfilled" to the point of damage, but I am pretty sure this is the cause of your problem.
Thanks Chief, I think you are right. I'll take your advice and let this level go down to the middle and never top up over that point again. I'm planning on doing a complete oil drain and oil change instead of a top up next time any way. I'm glad you have told me what level to keep it at because the manual doesn't say anything except don't go over the full level. I'm also extremely relieved that you don't think I will have done any damage because that was my fear. I'm going to write all these tips down in the manual so I don't forget. Cheers :D

Thanks Chief, I think you are right. I'll take your advice and let this level go down to the middle and never top up over that point again. I'm planning on doing a complete oil drain and oil change instead of a top up next time any way. I'm glad you have told me what level to keep it at because the manual doesn't say anything except don't go over the full level. I'm also extremely relieved that you don't think I will have done any damage because that was my fear. I'm going to write all these tips down in the manual so I don't forget. Cheers :D
No problem, I was a helicopter mechanic in the Army (hence the name crewchief) and we have sight glasses on the transmission and gearboxes that we had to check during pre flight, so I am used to sight glasses lol

Back