What airbrush to buy sub 100 dollars

E

expansionrc

Good Afternoon. I am hoping you guys can help me out I have been doing a ton of research and there seems to be a bunch of options out there. I am going to be brand new to airbrushing and will be painting RC Care bodies (remote control). I plan on using a water base paint and a industry standard 3 gallon compressor.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

my name is Geremy from Wisconsin. The Iwata Eclipse is the workhorse that everyone seems to use but, I still have to buy a compressor, paints and all the other materials so spending 150 upfront on a single airbrush will take most of my entire budget.

my name is Geremy from Wisconsin. The Iwata Eclipse is the workhorse that everyone seems to use but, I still have to buy a compressor, paints and all the other materials so spending 150 upfront on a single airbrush will take most of my entire budget.
Thanks Geremy from Wisconsin... have a look here... it's the introduction page... http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ Please do an intro there... have a look at some of the others and see what they do.

By all means buy a cheap airbrush, you'll get a better one later... you asked for our advice and our advice is buy a good one first up and longer term it will stand you in better stead and cost you less.

Thanks Geremy from Wisconsin... have a look here... it's the introduction page... http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ Please do an intro there... have a look at some of the others and see what they do.

By all means buy a cheap airbrush, you'll get a better one later... you asked for our advice and our advice is buy a good one first up and longer term it will stand you in better stead and cost you less.

do you have any recommendations on brush sub 100? thanks.

Look at the Tamiya ones on ebay. They look like Iwata copies so you might even be able to replace bits with Iwata ones if needed.

Welcome to the forum! What exactly are you going to be doing on the RC bodies? Fine detail work like skulls and graphics? Or more general stuff like solid colors with stripes or big graphics? If its the latter I would recommend a siphon feed airbrush. I don't think you would go wrong with a Badger, and they have several models that retail for under $100. A Paasche H model would be inexpensive and very reliable. But if you are wanting to do fine detail work, then you will probably prefer a gravity feed brush. Ideally you should try to have one of each. (In the future- I totally get the limited budget thing! :))

GSI procon boy PS-289....hands down. $90 on amazon from spraygunner

Id put the procon boys up against HP- plus's any day (it's essentially what they are)

And all the parts have Iwata counterparts

Welcome to the forum! What exactly are you going to be doing on the RC bodies? Fine detail work like skulls and graphics? Or more general stuff like solid colors with stripes or big graphics? If its the latter I would recommend a siphon feed airbrush. I don't think you would go wrong with a Badger, and they have several models that retail for under $100. A Paasche H model would be inexpensive and very reliable. But if you are wanting to do fine detail work, then you will probably prefer a gravity feed brush. Ideally you should try to have one of each. (In the future- I totally get the limited budget thing! :))

Mostly solid colors but some detail work. Not very detailed.

In that case I would strongly recommend a siphon feed airbrush. You will be using a lot of paint, and a gravity cup can only hold so much.

The Neo would probably be a good choice to begin with. Do you have a Hobby Lobby nearby? I think they carry the Neo and you can use a coupon to get like 40% off or something. (Its been a long day, my brain is a bit fuzzy, so don't quote me on this!)

What about the iwata neo?

The problem with the NEO and basically any gun that has a screw in nozzle, is that when the nozzle clogs, you have to use a wrench to take it off. And many, many times new users over tighten them and snap them off. Get something with a drop in nozzle like the Eclipse or the 105 Badger.

Back