Anybody knows whats is called? its retro

Attachments

• f582937c36cbdac236a7520b738f7fc4.jpg
    f582937c36cbdac236a7520b738f7fc4.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 38
  • b6f9f8e8d0099b1123c821a2af16c687.jpg
    b6f9f8e8d0099b1123c821a2af16c687.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 36
Hmmm, not sure if it has a particular style name. Very cool though.

It would fall in the general category of modern art. With in that I'm not familiar with a sub-category covering this "comic" style. Not sure if there are any "new" styles defined after the 1970's at all (but thats down to me not keeping up with it probably :p)

That was fun little rabbit hole... the first picture, the pinball pool one, is done by Gordon Morison. He designed all types of pinball game themes and did some comics. He was heavily influenced by Art Deco style

I don't know what art Deco means really, as I never really studied but I thought this was a cool reading researching session haha

That was fun little rabbit hole... the first picture, the pinball pool one, is done by Gordon Morison. He designed all types of pinball game themes and did some comics. He was heavily influenced by Art Deco style

I don't know what art Deco means really, as I never really studied but I thought this was a cool reading researching session haha

Art Deco has more to do with Architecture and furniture than art as we think of it, it is basically an artistic use of geometric shapes which was popular in the 20's and 30's, probably first popped up in New York and Chicago around these times but can be seen all over the western world particularly in pre 50's diners and cinemas, it influenced many architects including Scottish architect and furniture designer Charles Rene Macintosh who's own home, libraries all over Scotland and almost all of his furniture were all Art Deco, you'll most likely find that no matter were you are any building that are still around from the 20's up until the late 50 have some Art Deco appearance, those that don't have most likely been renovated or had their appearance changed to get away from the look, Art deco as far as building goes, pretty much paved the way for pre fabrication doing away with traditional building practices and turning previously decorative areas into slums and concrete jungles, over population in bigger cities all over the world didn't help much with this and pride in one's trade became a thing of the past, it's hard to be proud of your job in building when the emphasis has switched from quality and aesthetics to how quickly we can fill every square meter of available space with concrete slabs and cheap materials.

If I had to give this style of work a label I'd simply expand on Andre's description and refer to it as "comic book illustration" since it has many similarities to the old Marvel and DC comics we used to know:)

Back