What paper ?

PogArt

Detail Decepticon!
Hi my friends , could you advice what paper do you using please?
I know you using some synthetic paper but in UK is YUPO synthetic paper available on eBay only...
Any other recommendations please?
It's going to be for Createx Wicked paints, to paint fine arts...
Thank you ;)

To get your head around the AB any paper will do. Scholshammer is a good paper, yupo is a little cantankerous and takes some getting used to. A good bristol paper can work well. I use poster board - a good cheap board with a shiny surface, good for doing textures on.

To get your head around the AB any paper will do. Scholshammer is a good paper, yupo is a little cantankerous and takes some getting used to. A good bristol paper can work well. I use poster board - a good cheap board with a shiny surface, good for doing textures on.
Thanks ;)

I did order the YUPO as the only one synthetic available on eBay, but it's so thin compared to the papers made fore graphite and pastels...
Actually I've got weird feeling if I think of making my arts on it , lol ;)

Yes it's very "light" but quite durable! It's an odd one to work. Clean it with windex (ammonia based window cleaner) before painting on and wear cotton gloves to prevent getting skin grease on it. It is the most sensitive of mediums I've worked with to that!

I would add that the paper you choose should also reflect the techniques you want to do. lots of scratching and chemical work requires Yupo style paper - there are many different versions of yup too. I think you have to try out a few different papers to find one that suits you ;)

I would add that the paper you choose should also reflect the techniques you want to do. lots of scratching and chemical work requires Yupo style paper - there are many different versions of yup too. I think you have to try out a few different papers to find one that suits you ;)
Actually I didn't notice there are differences within the YUPO paper, because I wasn't aware and simply didn't look for it...
Actually, after what you've said I think that YUPO might work for me well?!
Lots of scratching for details etc...
Sounds good ...
Thank you ;)

Yes it's very "light" but quite durable! It's an odd one to work. Clean it with windex (ammonia based window cleaner) before painting on and wear cotton gloves to prevent getting skin grease on it. It is the most sensitive of mediums I've worked with to that!
Thank you for your great advice !
I will try my best then ;)

High friend, I would look at Foxy studio for a few of your supply because she is I. The U.K. I believe. Also Jerry's art Arama. With your Wicked I would suggest Clay Board or Illustration Board as well as Yupo. Test just a piece of each and see what you like. For the first few times you paint use a News Print Pad or some Bristol Strathmore paper 300# listed for airbrush just to get the feel and practice. (No eraser on the Bristol or News Print). This way you don't waist expensive paper while learning control of the airbrush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

High friend, I would look at Foxy studio for a few of your supply because she is I. The U.K. I believe. Also Jerry's art Arama. With your Wicked I would suggest Clay Board or Illustration Board as well as Yupo. Test just a piece of each and see what you like. For the first few times you paint use a News Print Pad or some Bristol Strathmore paper 300# listed for airbrush just to get the feel and practice. (No eraser on the Bristol or News Print). This way you don't waist expensive paper while learning control of the airbrush.

Foxy is in the Netherlands, but will dekiver to the UK at very reasonable rates:)

Thank you for your suggestions ;)
The Jerry's sounds familiar to me, I think I were shopping there in past.
Thanks for the papers, I have to make some usage of the YUPO I bought anyway, so I can make my mind later on whether I like it or not...
The other two papers sounds interesting too ;)

Yupo is great for making stencils too, it's not paper but gesso and clayboard substrates are great to work on as well.

Foxy is in the Netherlands, but will dekiver to the UK at very reasonable rates:)
Sorry on that. What do I know, I'm from America. Now I am confused because I thought Jerry's Artarama was across the pond, but now that I look at their website I see NC and CT. Now I am wondering if I really live in Fairport NY.

Sorry on that. What do I know, I'm from America. Now I am confused because I thought Jerry's Artarama was across the pond, but now that I look at their website I see NC and CT. Now I am wondering if I really live in Fairport NY.

Well geez, everybody knows that Fairport NY is located in South Africa! :p

I have trouble remembering my name, much less what City, State or Time Zone I'm in!

Well geez, everybody knows that Fairport NY is located in South Africa! :p

I have trouble remembering my name, much less what City, State or Time Zone I'm in!
lol... and this place will mess with your head in terms of time zone, 13:20 on Thursday here... :)

*holds up a Crucifix at you* be gone devil!!! :p 4 time zones is enough for me! You are in "its 5 oclock somewhere" time zone to me! :p

11:10 Thursday here, We are living your tomorrow today and your today is our yesterday

Back