For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

whats the diferance betweeniwata highline pt#4003 and cmc+ pt#4212

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by airbrushingferret, Mar 12, 2012.

1. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

as i sit here waiting for my new tip needle and Teflon seal for my bad ger velocity i look at my badger 360 that im not pleased with I am convinced that my next airbrush will be either an iwata or infinity the infinity would win the vote if you can spray solvent base but i heard you cant so just to focus on my question the two air brushes i mentioned both have a decent color cup with a mac valve but one has a much more appealing price tag so what i want to know is if i want photo realistic portraits what is the difference with the overall spray pattern of the two airbrushes if theres not a noticeable difference il get the cheaper one :confused:
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Main difference between the HP-C and the Micron CM-C+ is atomization of paint, The micron has a large mixing chamber where the air and paint mix prior to coming out of the brush. Meaning a smoother laying paint.
    As far as photo realism that has nothing to do with the airbrush being used , Dru Blair can paint the same pictures with a Paasche Vl, But choose the HP-C and Micron with the spray pattern and how fine of layer of paint he can get from them. So if being after a mac valve is all you want you can buy one that goes on between the airhose and airbrush.for about 20 bucks.
    But you can always email Dru and ask him what airbrush he recommends for photorealism . In his class the use Eclipse CS (at least that is what my friends daughter told me after taking two of his classes) But I get told on other forums it is not the brush but the artist using the brush . Just keep that in mind ,
  3. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

4. Fire Brush

Fire Brush Young Tutorling

I use the Iwata Kustom Micron CM with lacquer on a daily basis with no problems or equipment issues (other than dropping it on its nose while cleaning it and having to replace the nozzle! Ouch.)
  5. Tuffnutz

Tuffnutz Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

a chuck of dough