What's up, from NY!

L

Leatherface75

Just joined forum here and new to airbrushing. Many amazing artists here! Curious how to download control exercises worksheets to practice on? Appreciate any help there. Thanks again.

Just joined forum here and new to airbrushing. Many amazing artists here! Curious how to download control exercises worksheets to practice on? Appreciate any help there. Thanks again.

Welcome aboard leather face (lol like it)
If you go to airbrushtutor.com you will find free printable exercise sheets and a wealth of knowledge

Welcome aboard leather face (lol like it)
If you go to airbrushtutor.com you will find free printable exercise sheets and a wealth of knowledge
You need to make sure you join and log in before you find them... That was my mistake... I know a song about that. Welcome form New Zealand.

Welcome home leatherface.
Now I want to know MORE!!!
what airbrush you have ?
what compressor ?
what paint ya using ?
see we want to know more..
Why Leatherface ... are you a serial killer ?:D LMAO

Welcome to our little(but getting bigger) Madhouse,with a name
like that you should fit right inlollol

What up guys.
As far as airbrush equipment:
Iwata Hp-CS
TC-20 compressor
Createx paints
Looking forward to learning from u guys. My goals as evident by name is drawings related to horror. (Old and new) Been practicing skulls right now but want to tackle Frankenstein soon. Any tips or suggestions appreciated. As far as creating stencils or tracing image then airbrushing details in. Thx again.

What up guys.
As far as airbrush equipment:
Iwata Hp-CS
TC-20 compressor
Createx paints
Looking forward to learning from u guys. My goals as evident by name is drawings related to horror. (Old and new) Been practicing skulls right now but want to tackle Frankenstein soon. Any tips or suggestions appreciated. As far as creating stencils or tracing image then airbrushing details in. Thx again.

You have a nice set up to get you started, what createx paints do you have, if it's standard createx, this is intended more for fabric and can be difficult to work with, especially for beginners.

Have a root through the SBS section of the forums and concentrate on portraits in particular since what you want to do is more or less portraiture but with make and effects, websites that describe processes for theatrical make-up could also be of use to you.

There is also a thread somewhere here called "Preferred methods of transfer" or something along those lines, you'll find all kinds of different methods and learn when and how to use them, if you go the stencil route, don't rely too much on your stencils, they should be used only for mapping purposes, over-stencilled work looks tacky and cheap and since you seem to know right off what you want to concentrate on, I doubt that that is what your after;)

OH and welcome, I would recommend you continue to practice as you are and ask specific questions as you experience hurdles, we can help you over these hurdles one at a time, that will be easier for you to take in than a feature length saga on how to create a masterpiece:)

Thx for the tips madbrush. Yeah they're just standard createx. They came with the airbrush package. I have been struggling trying to get and keep the right consistency. Would something like the created illustration be more suited for that work? Also definitely don't want the stencil look just a good starting point for pictures. Not really at total freehand point yet. Lol

Thx for the tips madbrush. Yeah they're just standard createx. They came with the airbrush package. I have been struggling trying to get and keep the right consistency. Would something like the created illustration be more suited for that work? Also definitely don't want the stencil look just a good starting point for pictures. Not really at total freehand point yet. Lol

Anything but standard createx would be better, what do you plan to work on? i.e. paper, cardboard, metal or other substrate, this may influence your choice of paints, I only have experience with E'tac efx and com-art until now so I can't really say too much about the others although some do uses createx illustration or wicked detail for fine art purposes, I'm sure others will chime in with more experience over these, since E'tac suits my style and needs I see no reason the change it at this time.

Freehand work comes with plenty of practice, basically if you put in the hours in with your dots, lines and daggers, it will come quick enough, take the time to check out Tutors vids and indeed any other vids that cover control of your airbrush, you don't have to continuously do these strokes, just do a few sheets each day and combine practising with having some fun.

Back