When you accidently find the thing which was missing in noobs world for better motivation

I would like to paint this spidy. I have wicked opaques and I would like to make them trasparent. I do have transparent base at home. Right now I am mixing: 1 drop paint 4 drops reducer. How much trans base I need to add so I get transparent color? I was thinking transparent is better, cause I can shoot over the lines and I will not destroy them? -.- Does this sound weird?
As far as I know theres no set ration for mixing in trans base. It just makes them "more" transparent. So the usual advice of have a play around would apply, as it'll be different for each colour. But you could try 1 drop of colour to 4 drops of trans base. Just remember to add enough reducer to take into account the trans base too. So at your current mix it would be 20 drops of reducer and 5 drops of paint. Apologies if you already know that. But that would be a good place to start and you can adjust trans and reducer from there.

As far as I know theres no set ration for mixing in trans base. It just makes them "more" transparent. So the usual advice of have a play around would apply, as it'll be different for each colour. But you could try 1 drop of colour to 4 drops of trans base. Just remember to add enough reducer to take into account the trans base too. So at your current mix it would be 20 drops of reducer and 5 drops of paint. Apologies if you already know that. But that would be a good place to start and you can adjust trans and reducer from there.
Thanks for help. I don't have a clue about trans base and mixing. I was using it for first layer on t-shirt, so this will be the first time. Is my logic correct? If I color with transparent red parts on picture which need to be red, my dark lines will get darker cause I am shooting with thansparent color?

Thanks for help. I don't have a clue about trans base and mixing. I was using it for first layer on t-shirt, so this will be the first time. Is my logic correct? If I color with transparent red parts on picture which need to be red, my dark lines will get darker cause I am shooting with thansparent color?
Now you're getting to the end of my knowledge limits lol. I believe so, but it would depend what colour was going over top. Some will react and shift from the original colour e.g if you put waterbed white over black, the white will shift and show a blue tint. In the case of Spidey, I think you'll be safe shooting red and blue over black. But his eyes will have to stay with sharp lines or the white will react with the black. Give it a shot and see what happens Mate. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Now you're getting to the end of my knowledge limits lol. I believe so, but it would depend what colour was going over top. Some will react and shift from the original colour e.g if you put waterbed white over black, the white will shift and show a blue tint. In the case of Spidey, I think you'll be safe shooting red and blue over black. But his eyes will have to stay with sharp lines or the white will react with the black. Give it a shot and see what happens Mate. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

AWESOME, now I know as well!!!

What colour T-shirt are you painting, if it’s black the I suggest laying down an opaque white before any color. It will make the colour pop
If you’re on a white shirt you can omit the white obviously.
Lay transbase down first, then heat set to flatten the fibers.
When it comes to adding transbase to a colour remember that transbase is colourless paint. So if you would normally do 1 x paint and 4 x reducer, but decide to add another 1 x transbase you’d need to up your reducer to 8 because in essence you now have 2 x paint (but one is colourless )

Hope that makes sense. Practise on paper first to get your flow right and just add more reducer if needed- psi for T-shirt’s is 50+

Be careful spraying over other colours if youre using an opaque - it will muddy your black, and change if your spraying over a blue to purple brown mud

What colour T-shirt are you painting, if it’s black the I suggest laying down an opaque white before any color. It will make the colour pop
If you’re on a white shirt you can omit the white obviously.
Lay transbase down first, then heat set to flatten the fibers.
When it comes to adding transbase to a colour remember that transbase is colourless paint. So if you would normally do 1 x paint and 4 x reducer, but decide to add another 1 x transbase you’d need to up your reducer to 8 because in essence you now have 2 x paint (but one is colourless )

Hope that makes sense. Practise on paper first to get your flow right and just add more reducer if needed- psi for T-shirt’s is 50+

Be careful spraying over other colours if youre using an opaque - it will muddy your black, and change if your spraying over a blue to purple brown mud
I am doing this on a paper. I wanna color that spiderman so I get practise. Was thinking if there is a way to save all outlines with transparent colors.

Transparents will disappear slightly. The moment opaque is the the equation your likely to blur / muddy your lines.
Createx illustration is transparent. Wicked and wicked detail are semi transparent but the wicked detail has finer pigment.

I am doing this on a paper. I wanna color that spiderman so I get practise. Was thinking if there is a way to save all outlines with transparent colors.
It's a great idea, if your printing these out try running it through a software program to lighten up the lines, as for not painting over your lines try using a shield, or paint the color first then put the outline. I'm learning I go to dark to quick and trying to correct that, regardless I'm having fun with it.

It's a great idea, if your printing these out try running it through a software program to lighten up the lines, as for not painting over your lines try using a shield, or paint the color first then put the outline. I'm learning I go to dark to quick and trying to correct that, regardless I'm having fun with it.
Thanks for tips. They are most welcomed. I had and still have bunch of issues, but I am learning and fixing them as I go. For example I had problem with lights in my room. I couldn't see good enough. As soon I came close to the easel with my airbrush and my head I made a shadow on my subject. It was pain in the ... So i ordered 2 reflectors. Got them today and I put them to see if this will help. Now I can see everything and I don't make shadows on my subject with my body. I am happy like a kid :D My phone makes crapy pictures, but I am very satisfied with my new light.
WP_20180207_001.jpg WP_20180207_002.jpg

Thanks for tips. They are most welcomed. I had and still have bunch of issues, but I am learning and fixing them as I go. For example I had problem with lights in my room. I couldn't see good enough. As soon I came close to the easel with my airbrush and my head I made a shadow on my subject. It was pain in the ... So i ordered 2 reflectors. Got them today and I put them to see if this will help. Now I can see everything and I don't make shadows on my subject with my body. I am happy like a kid :D My phone makes crapy pictures, but I am very satisfied with my new light.
View attachment 52349 View attachment 52350
Wow, that is awesome!!! Lighting is so important, I have the same problem, but the light reflects light spots on my medium then i have to turn my head sideways or move the mudguard to see the image or AB spot...

Back