Which body airbrush kit to buy???

J

joanne

Hi everyone i am new... to the airbrush, and rather overwhelmed with the chose available.... can anyone give me any tips where what... we are looking for a bodykit for around 25o ish to use at festivals... thankyou (phewfff)

So are you wanting to do temporary tattoos? Or all over body art? Make up? SFX? What power source will you have at the festivals to run a compressor? Does it need to be a silent compressor, do the festivals have noise restrictions? What size tank will it need to have, are you able to run it constantly while you work? Over what period of time? How long will your hoses need to be? Do you want detail brushes, or cover larger areas or both? Is the 250 in dollars Pounds Euros? If you are wanting reliable, long lasting quality gear to set up as a business then that may not be enough money.

Kits usually contain inferior products that may not be suitable, made with lower grade materials, and poor machining. Or may work ok at first, but won't have the quality of build or materials to last more than a few uses and still maintain the quality of work. You don't need anything fancy if you are only wanting to do tattoos, but they still need to be reliable. The compressors found in cheaper kits, definitely are not likely to be up to the task of prolonged continuous use. The small tank means they will have to run all the time to keep up, and as they are generally oiless will overheat and cut out. You may be better off finding out what you need then buying it individually and getting better quality.

More info will help people give more specific advice, as you've already discovered, there is a world of different equipment out there, so by being more specific, we will be able able to narrow it down to what will meet your needs :)

Welcome from Australia!
As earlier sound advice has been given, I'll not bore you to death with mine.
Above all, enjoy your art

welcome....what ever you do dont get discouraged....

So are you wanting to do temporary tattoos? Or all over body art? Make up? SFX? What power source will you have at the festivals to run a compressor? Does it need to be a silent compressor, do the festivals have noise restrictions? What size tank will it need to have, are you able to run it constantly while you work? Over what period of time? How long will your hoses need to be? Do you want detail brushes, or cover larger areas or both? Is the 250 in dollars Pounds Euros? If you are wanting reliable, long lasting quality gear to set up as a business then that may not be enough money.

Kits usually contain inferior products that may not be suitable, made with lower grade materials, and poor machining. Or may work ok at first, but won't have the quality of build or materials to last more than a few uses and still maintain the quality of work. You don't need anything fancy if you are only wanting to do tattoos, but they still need to be reliable. The compressors found in cheaper kits, definitely are not likely to be up to the task of prolonged continuous use. The small tank means they will have to run all the time to keep up, and as they are generally oiless will overheat and cut out. You may be better off finding out what you need then buying it individually and getting better quality.

More info will help people give more specific advice, as you've already discovered, there is a world of different equipment out there, so by being more specific, we will be able able to narrow it down to what will meet your needs :)

thankyou so much for your help... http://airbrushbodyart.co.uk/shoppi...te=product/product&path=59_21&product_id=1149 this could be the best one yet, i found so need to buy a generator!!!

This kit is saying that the ABs are single action which would be far from Ideal :(
I imagine, because the set you are looking at is priced in pounds you are in the UK?
On a personal note I think it's not very good manners to just bounce into a forum and expect people to answer questions without even bothering to introduce your self :sus: or at least say where you are in the world which, incidentally, could be to your advantage for possibly getting local help.
That said, this is a very friendly forum and full extremely helpful and experienced people.
As indicated above, there is a lot of things to consider when starting in the Airbrush world and if you have a good read of the different threads you will see a lot of people have tried to go down the cheap and cheerful route and have been disappointed with the results.
As you say you are thinking about doing body art at festivals have a look at "Temptu" who do line of ink for body art like this=
http://www.facepaint-uk.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=483&Itemid=77
A word of advice, if you intend to do things with the general public you need to be up to speed with the associated HSE guide lines and for heavens sake get some general liability insurance!
Hope this helps.
Marty

Thankyou very much, everyone for your replies, in helping me................ best of luck to you all

Back