Which christmas list

C

cosmic_couple22

Hi all

Seeking some opinions on my Christmas list from those with knowledge.

Now I am in a position to spoil myself this Christmas, wahoo lucky me. Amanda hates me because I never do anything by halves, it's the all in and work hard or don't bother mentality I have, both a curse and a blessing.

So thinking of buying an evolution AL Plus (2in1) ? but haven't pushed the buy it button yet. This can spray all mediums not just water based so that's a plus. But maybe I could be an Olympos snob :friendly_wink:and buy a HP100D for the .4 and 15ml cup, all my paint stock is Trident. I really like the trigger on my HP100c a lot more than the Iwata eclipse bottom feed.

But would like to also buy an Olympos MP 200 but not sure if I should go the B .18 1ml cup or the C .23 7ml cup, this is going to be finer work down the track but while Christmas is here and you can buy the olympos direct from Japan why not, also my extended family are all chipping in so I'm not even the one coughing up the cash. (and I want some spares for my Olympos HP100c)

Which way would you go.

Any suggestions on any of the AB's with a strong argument to support it gladly listened to.

Many thanks.

Chester

Airbrushing and life in general and all us fools here is a great reason to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep live life don't just settle into it, 10 years clean after 20 years of drug abuse and all the ##@&# that goes with it means I make the most of every moment.
Not many people survive my journey or even keep there health. Figure i have an obligation to see the happy side of life now.

So get back to working on my Christmas present list. :triumphant:

im looking for a reason to live...lol the irony

Silly wabbit.... Answer: Because you have not yet found that which you are looking.

....me personally.... I see nothing on your list I could use.... talent .... that's whats on mine lol.

I just got my AL Plus yesterday. I just had to trim the trigger tension spring a little because I like a softer trigger. I don't know why they didn't put a trigger adjustment on it.Other than that, it is great, it sprays well and its really light weight. I just may be using it more than my Infinity in the near future. The .2mm Nozzle is great for detail, and not as finicky as the .15.

I just got my AL Plus yesterday. I just had to trim the trigger tension spring a little because I like a softer trigger. I don't know why they didn't put a trigger adjustment on it.Other than that, it is great, it sprays well and its really light weight. I just may be using it more than my Infinity in the near future. The .2mm Nozzle is great for detail, and not as finicky as the .15.

I never trim the original. I find one out of a pen or buy one from a no-name brand gun.

Hi Cosmic - I am a big H&S fan, but I would suggest choosing the one for which spares are more readily available in your local area.

Thanks for the input so far, no real options of a local dealer where I am so everything is online purchasing.
Figure I can go with anything because of that.
Being a newbie I don't have any real preferences but I do subscribe to using good equipment, deletes a variable, so the only thing I have to worry about is developing my skills and not worry about rubbish equipment.

But as I said leaning towards the H&S and Olympos brands just because I don't like the feel of the trigger on the eclipse.

Thanks again

Chester

I never trim the original. I find one out of a pen or buy one from a no-name brand gun.

Not worried about it. I'll just order a spare spring when I put in my next order. I still haven't found a pen spring to fit the H&S brushes as of yet. Maybe our pen springs aren't in metric in the US. :)

Mainly I have to agree with flycatcher , Parts are a major concern no matter where you live.
If your AB goes down during a paying job you want it back up as fast as you can.
But Go big or Go home is the saying around here. So Pick out what you want and Go for it.

If you are not putting up the cash.....get it all. :)

Heck if ya ain't paying for it . Can I add some thing to your list goes Santa does not stop at my house since I put Rudolph on the grill.....

Mr Micron chatted with the big S and he still can't get past what you did to Rudolph. :culpability:

Ok so if everything is the plan :triumphant: which Olympos should I be choosing

MP200 B 0.18 needle and 1 ml cup
or
MP200 C 0.23 needle and 7 ml cup

Bearing in mind with the buy it all thinking means I have purchased the Evolution AL Plus 2 in 1 set. (.2needle and .4 needle)

Need to let Santa and the Boss know so it is here in time for Christmas.

Thanks

Chester

Mr Micron chatted with the big S and he still can't get past what you did to Rudolph. :culpability:

or

Bearing in mind with the buy it all thinking means I have purchased the Evolution AL Plus 2 in 1 set. (.2needle and .4 needle)

Thanks

Chester
Well being I really do not notice a big difference between the .18 and the .23 on my Micron I would go with the bigger cup size.
And ya was not suppose to tell Mr. S it was for me :(

I have the Iwata version of the B , with the .18 and love it, except for one thing. No cap on the cup. Its too easy with a smaller cup to fill it and spill it. Think about it. I like iwata. But Olympos helped develop the Iwata line. Or something to that effect. I will also be demoing an H&S Infinity to see how they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well just committed and went with Mr. Micron's advice and purchased the Olympos MP-200c plus 2 spare needles and a needle packing set.
Bought the same spares for my HP-100c. Bought it all from Olympos Japan for $470 aussie dollars shipped to my door.
:triumphant: :triumphant:

Wonder if Santa will get it here in time, why did Mr.Micron have to BBQ Rudolph. Oh well, have to rely on EMS.

HHmm but what to do about the Evolution AL Plus, I'm such a gear junky!!!!!!!

Need my order of Trident paint to show up now and it will be a fun Christmas.

Thanks all for the advice

Chester

Well just committed and went with Mr. Micron's advice and purchased the Olympos MP-200c plus 2 spare needles and a needle packing set.
Bought the same spares for my HP-100c. Bought it all from Olympos Japan for $470 aussie dollars shipped to my door.
:triumphant: :triumphant:

Wonder if Santa will get it here in time, why did Mr.Micron have to BBQ Rudolph. Oh well, have to rely on EMS.

HHmm but what to do about the Evolution AL Plus, I'm such a gear junky!!!!!!!

Need my order of Trident paint to show up now and it will be a fun Christmas.

Thanks all for the advice

Chester

Now if you are like me and it gets there before Christmas , I am sure you will be playing with it as soon as it hits your door step..

I had to BBQ Rudolph cause I was hungry....and it was Deer season:D

or

Thanks

Chester

I did find a Pen spring that works in the Evolution AL trigger, it was TŪL. The spring is still a little stiff, but could be trimmed just a little to my liking.
Amazon.com: Tul Retractable Gel Pens 0.5mm Needle Point, Black 4/pk: Office Products

Don't know if they sell them in your part of the world, but in the US, I got mine from Office Max.

The AL is great, and I like it more every time I use it.

Last edited:
Back