Which paint is best for interior home walls?

I

Inkram

I am getting back into airbrushing and still teaching myself the how to.
I want to airbrush a room in my house, which paint is good for interior walls?

Depends entirely what you are painting on. Are you painting on wallpaper or a painted surface? Water based would be my recommendation.

No wallpaper, interior wall painted flat white for a base

Probably OK with a good acrylic. I'll let the US people comment on a good brand. :)

what size nozzle is the Eclipse ? you could probably stay with the createx you had before, standard createx (non - wicked / illustration / bloodline) is a textile oriented paint, but if you've got the larger nozzle then you could use it on the walls no problem.

Realistically any water bourne paint designed for airbrushes would work, but it comes down to a cost factor.

Ok, i'm not exactly sure on the nozzle size, I haven't looked at it in a while.
I lost a lot of stuff in a fire, so i will probably get a new nozzle and fresh needls.
If i use the createx paint, can i shoot straight paint or does it have to be thinned out?

I always thin createx even with my .5 eclipse.

Because of the coverage abd usual lack of fine detail in a mural createx is not a bad choice. You will have to seal it.

I always thin createx even with my .5 eclipse.

Because of the coverage abd usual lack of fine detail in a mural createx is not a bad choice. You will have to seal it.
Ok thanks. And you thin it with water?

Best to refer to the application guidelines to determine the reducer to use... Here is a link to the application guides... http://www.createxcolors.com/application-guides.html if you use createx.

I expect your eclipse is the 0.38mm, words from the createx website... "Createx Airbrush Colors work best out of the bottle with a 0.5mm tip-sized airbrush operated @ 40 – 50 PSI. For smaller tip-sizes, lower PSI settings and fine-line detailed artwork, reduce with either Createx 5601 Transparent Base or Createx 5608 Illustration Base. For more application information, visit our website’s technical pages." http://www.createxcolors.com/airbrushcolors.html

That dosn't make sense to reduce it with Trans Base? It should be the reducer, the base is just paint without pigment.

I think maybe they (createx) are refering to the reduction of pigment, not reduction of viscosity, in which case trans base would 'reduce' the pigment, resulting in a lighter color.

Can you reduce regular createx with w500 wicked reducer, If you want to spray with a .35 mm or smaller set up?

Can you reduce regular createx with w500 wicked reducer, If you want to spray with a .35 mm or smaller set up?
What does the manufacturer say... always the first port of call for such questions. If they don't say so specifically then do so at your risk but don't complain if it doesn't work. The manufacturer says "Wicked W500 / Auto Air 4012 High Performance Reducer is an additive intended for use with Wicked Colors and Auto Air Colors." so going on that I wouldn't recommend it.

What does the manufacturer say... always the first port of call for such questions. If they don't say so specifically then do so at your risk but don't complain if it doesn't work. The manufacturer says "Wicked W500 / Auto Air 4012 High Performance Reducer is an additive intended for use with Wicked Colors and Auto Air Colors." so going on that I wouldn't recommend it.

I used standard createx in the beginning and was given 4011 reducer which is/was compatible, I believe the 4012 is the newer version of the 4011 and still compatible how ever no matter how much reducer I used I couldn't get the createx through my 0.35, the problem with standard createx is the pigment size and it doesn't get smaller even with thinning:(

So if i wanted to paint on a wall inside my house, what would be your paint recommendation?
It's not plaster, it's a regular sheetrock wall with flat white paint as a base.

So if i wanted to paint on a wall inside my house, what would be your paint recommendation?
It's not plaster, it's a regular sheetrock wall with flat white paint as a base.

I f you mean airbrushing on it you can use any normal airbrush paint, what you have now on walls is as good a base as any to work on, so you you can use wicked, createx illustration, E'tac, Com-art, Golden and pretty much any other paint intended for airbrush, you will have now problems at all with adhesion and there will be absolutely no bad reactions between your airbrush paint and wall finish, but as I said standard createx is bettr through a minimum 0.5 nozzle.

Back