White on black

Ok, I'm sure someone with some more experience could do this more scientifically, but here goes:
I laid out some black at different intensities and labeled the boxes.
1st box was 1:10 Trans to reducer.
2nd box is the 4030 clear 1:10.
3rd box is a 1:1:20 mix of Trans, 4030 and reducer.
The unmarked boxes are just white on top of black.
All Wiked colours and 4012 reducer. Two coats of Trans, 4030 & the mixture.
10bd61e205f3412479ffd60b79fcdc51.jpg
901d6785a8e23a2216fc0a03516765c2.jpg
271b8f2332dd93b9e66ee095d0ef12d3.jpg
8471b0e32ae2f0e1ced4b5924188fc28.jpg
eb347bcf8f7c9fc65df3c69483c3f61d.jpg
05f06afd9c82eaa8a6bbd54f5340cfad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't try adding a little orange as I don't have any LOL. Does mixing an from Primaries work? I could try that. I left some space for other experiments, maybe more coats of Trans or 4030 with less reduction.

I havent tried my 4030 yet, i will have to go and check it now
Why not. I want to play with it some more. Maybe try adding it to a mixture as it's quoted as acting like a flow improver. But the thickness bothers me from that POV.

I don't know what you guys think, but to me it seemed that a mix of the Trans and 4030 seemed to work the best. I don't see that it stopped the shift all together, but it did improve it.

using the same brand transparent and reduce as the paint wont eliminate the blue shift 100% but an acrylic ( spraycan) varnish will do the trick

I dont know why this seems to work and it's really counter intuitive but by accident I discovered 5 drops 4004 trans base, 10 drops white, 5 reducer
basically stops the blue shift. you get shades of grey at your edges, but no blue. Best i can tell it makes it actually pick up some of the black and mix, or maybe the white pigment particles clump more. Hard to tell since tiny black spots and tiny white spots are going to appear grey to the eye no matter what. Most unexpected thing I've seen.

Its really wierd, I just tried the same mix with a light tan over peach, which was giving me a funky grey color. Adding the trans base made it work to just lighten up the peach. You would think trans in the mix would make things worse but i guess not.

Its really wierd, I just tried the same mix with a light tan over peach, which was giving me a funky grey color. Adding the trans base made it work to just lighten up the peach. You would think trans in the mix would make things worse but i guess not.
That is weird. But a good find none the less. I'll be interested to have a play with trying my 4004 in this way. I was planning to add it too the white as I figured it would even put the pigment, then reduce to make the white spray better. But hadn't thought that it may help with colour shift.

Back