Who killed Bambi!

T

Talla

Well its with a heavy heart I have to anounce that Bambi is dead!

My Bambi MD75/150 seized last week and after taking it to bits again I can pronounce Bambi dead! I had been given Bambi from a friend but on receiving it I discovered it didnt work. After taking it to bits and "Unjamming" it it seemed to work. I got 3 days out of it. After "unjamming" it again I got a further 3 weeks out of it and thought my issues where solved but unfortunately the jamming was the unit actually seizing of the big end on the crank shaft. The final sieze saw eveything locked solid and trying to unjam it proved the final straw for little bambi!. Although I refilled the unit with oil when I got it I suspect that little bambi had been run without oil before I got it (There was very little oil in it when I checked).

I may do a transplant on bambi replacing the compessor unit with two fridge compressors in the future but for now it will be going into cold storeage.

In the mean time I have picked up an iawata power jet pro comp off Ebay for £55 pounds. This came with an Iwata Revolution SAR airbrush (Single action I know!) plus half a gallon of tanning solution. So if anyone fancies a spraytan let me know!

Well its with a heavy heart I have to anounce that Bambi is dead!

My Bambi MD75/150 seized last week and after taking it to bits again I can pronounce Bambi dead! I had been given Bambi from a friend but on receiving it I discovered it didnt work. After taking it to bits and "Unjamming" it it seemed to work. I got 3 days out of it. After "unjamming" it again I got a further 3 weeks out of it and thought my issues where solved but unfortunately the jamming was the unit actually seizing of the big end on the crank shaft. The final sieze saw eveything locked solid and trying to unjam it proved the final straw for little bambi!. Although I refilled the unit with oil when I got it I suspect that little bambi had been run without oil before I got it (There was very little oil in it when I checked).

I may do a transplant on bambi replacing the compessor unit with two fridge compressors in the future but for now it will be going into cold storeage.

In the mean time I have picked up an iawata power jet pro comp off Ebay for £55 pounds. This came with an Iwata Revolution SAR airbrush (Single action I know!) plus half a gallon of tanning solution. So if anyone fancies a spraytan let me know!

Before you do anything Talla, why not check out the Bambi website, I feel sure you could download a parts list or blow up of the parts used, once you know the parts and part numbers I reckon you could easily find replacement parts for your Bambi, seeing as it is such a big name, it's your shout but from what I've heard of Bambi compressors so far, I would say that it is well worth some TLC, it might even surprise you how little it may cost to get it back to original state with original parts, and they may even do it for you.

I hope you get it sorted, keep us posted

Hi Madbrush,

Been on the Bambi site and Im afraid it is £500+ for an exchange compressor unit which is what I will need to make it 100% right again. I have the Medical grade compressor (white compresor housing not Green) and the parts are really expensive. Even the green unit is £250 ish and both are exchange units. The crank shaft is scored so would need a new one of those but cant get it split from the rotor of the motor. The conrod snapped so that would need replacing complete with new big end shells.

I wont be throwing it away (you never know what might come along) but it is taking up room that I could do with so its off to my lock up until I decide what to do with it!

Hi Madbrush,

Been on the Bambi site and Im afraid it is £500+ for an exchange compressor unit which is what I will need to make it 100% right again. I have the Medical grade compressor (white compresor housing not Green) and the parts are really expensive. Even the green unit is £250 ish and both are exchange units. The crank shaft is scored so would need a new one of those but cant get it split from the rotor of the motor. The conrod snapped so that would need replacing complete with new big end shells.

I wont be throwing it away (you never know what might come along) but it is taking up room that I could do with so its off to my lock up until I decide what to do with it!

That is indeed a lot of money just for a repair, I was going to go the site myself just to see, but I think I won't bother now, too high a risk of depressing myself, lol

Nnnoooooo!!! Not Bambi!!!!! Man that sucks!!! Hate to hear that!!

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

I killed Bambi and his daddy too, They tasted great:D
Oh wait a minute you are talking about your compressor :( Well that was not me . But I have found it cost more to repair things these days than to just go buy a new one.:(

I just built a dual refrigerator compressor out of an old bad 4.5 gal air compressor. Easy enough. Hang on to that sucker and collect yourself the fridge compressors. You may even be able to get them from a recycler cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back