wicked base seals EFX

J

jared pittman

A coat of wicked base over etac efx seals it- excited! Bought AG -2050 hoping it would do this but didnt- substrate is acm aluminum panel. Now I can work with my favorite paint without worry of fingerprint or smudging on hardsurfaces or yupo.

2050 is a very bad sealer. I only use it as transparent base when working on hard surfaces. But I seal my paintings now with Schmincke's Aerocolour transparent base. Nice tough stuff. I'm getting my Schmincke Aerolak sealer next week. Even tougher.

2050 is a very bad sealer. I only use it as transparent base when working on hard surfaces. But I seal my paintings now with Schmincke's Aerocolour transparent base. Nice tough stuff. I'm getting my Schmincke Aerolak sealer next week. Even tougher.

In what way does 2050 not seal? I've got some here but I haven't used it much.

Ok tried wicked base as sealer- then did 2 drops in the EFX thinned with water and what you have is a paint as durable as wicked with the flow of EFX- allowing for subtle erasing that does not go back to straight white.

Ok tried wicked base as sealer- then did 2 drops in the EFX thinned with water and what you have is a paint as durable as wicked with the flow of EFX- allowing for subtle erasing that does not go back to straight white.
So what you painting...? Can't be toilet water this time... doesn't erase... :)

Don't forget to post pics of your progress. we can help more with issues you are having if we can see what you are doing. some of the terminology that you are using may not be the same terminology that we use.

Have you decided who you are giving the paint away to yet, ??

I don't understand why you are trying to reinvent the wheel. If you want to work on panels then use Etac Private Stock. its less fragile..... all paints are fragile until cured properly. Learn to use them for the purpose they are intended for and you wont have an issue.
EFX is designed for illustrations, so its substrate should be absorbant.

So what you painting...? Can't be toilet water this time... doesn't erase... :)
but it does flush !!

Back