Wicked colors Orange

K

kylegabbert

Hello, i purchased a new bottle of wicked orange, and the coverage is terrible. Does anyone else have trouble with orange?

Did you give the bottle a good stir ? the long bamboo skewers are handy for stirring up the bottom where it settles like sludge.

sometimes the rattle balls just arent enough to mix it properly if its been sitting for awhile

Did you give the bottle a good stir ? the long bamboo skewers are handy for stirring up the bottom where it settles like sludge.

sometimes the rattle balls just arent enough to mix it properly if its been sitting for awhile

I shook it and it came out of the bottle thick so it didnt seem like any had settled. It just seems the pigment is very low. The label on it appears to be older, not like the newly labeled wicked. Im not sure if they changed the paint when they changed the label, but i hate using orange because of the poor coverage. Its light and takes at least 8 coats to achieve the full color, and thats over white autoborne color- keyed with orange.

Hopefully you get some other responses, but i have a wicked orange, i can give it a try but it wont be until the weekend.
8 coats does seem a little excessive if you've got colour keyed sealer.
stupid question time, you havent reduced it at all have you ? that will affect the number of layers needed for full coverage.

This might be a dumb question, but what kind of wicked colors is it? I'm thinking that maybe you have some kind of transparent or candy or something like that?

This might be a dumb question, but what kind of wicked colors is it? I'm thinking that maybe you have some kind of transparent or candy or something like that?

"Wicked" is just a range within the Createx brand. - They do "wicked" and "wicked detail"
Wicked is stated as being a Transparent and Wicked Detail is 'more transparent' (their words) and according to the tech sheet Full saturation should be achieved with 3 - 5 coats over a color keyed sealer with a transparent, so if @kylegabbert is actually using Wicked Detail then 8 coats is probably not unreasonable.

First question what is the reduction ratio you are using?
Next what airbrush are you using this in ?

I was just using Wicked Orange last night and had great coverage But with their Orange I have learn the more it is reduced the more coats it take to cover . So I usually only reduce it 3 to 1 (3 drops reducer 1 drop paint)
Oh and I was running it through my Infinity .15 @ about 10 PSI

Over a "color keyed" sealer is 3-5 coats. Over white, 8 coats seem about right. I have some and have found the same thing. I think it is the yellow and being a transparent that causes this...and stir or shake the crap out of it. I always keep the glass balls from my empty bottles and add another one to the colors that need extra mixing....

Im st
First question what is the reduction ratio you are using?
Next what airbrush are you using this in ?

I was just using Wicked Orange last night and had great coverage But with their Orange I have learn the more it is reduced the more coats it take to cover . So I usually only reduce it 3 to 1 (3 drops reducer 1 drop paint)
Oh and I was running it through my Infinity .15 @ about 10 PSI
Im spraying it out of a 1.0 mini gun, and maybe 5% reduction and 5% 4030.

Back