Wicked...

It's standard createx but will work with detail and illustration. It's the white I'm trying to make opaque :)
Don't forget AndreZA, I'm still only a noob and it multiple layers of transparent white just wasn't doing what I wanted !

Transparent white is the dumbest invention ever. It is only good to tint other transparents. BTW, normal Createx is not compatible with the Illustration range. It uses a different binder. Might look good in the beginning but it will not hold.

Transparent white is the dumbest invention ever. It is only good to tint other transparents. BTW, normal Createx is not compatible with the Illustration range. It uses a different binder. Might look good in the beginning but it will not hold.
Thanks for the warning, I didn't realize that !! Bugga !!

Does that mean the paint has no adhesion? Or that the combination of the 2 paints won't adhere to the surface you're spraying on?

xcpt when you only have transparent black and not gray. (Can you tell I am having issues with a certain ky on my kyboard, lol? Having to use spellcheck to fix!)

xcpt when you only have transparent black and not gray. (Can you tell I am having issues with a certain ky on my kyboard, lol? Having to use spellcheck to fix!)

Well, grey is just tinted black anyway. And if you do a black and white painting, you don't need anything more than black.

I put the question to createx wether the opaque base would work with the illustration range. Here is their response;

Thank you for contacting Createx Colors (http://www.createxcolors.com/ ) . Item 5602 Createx Colors Opaque Base is a medium designed for use with the Createx Airbrush Colors and the Createx Pure Pigment Colors. While technically it will work with the Createx Illustration Colors, the negative impact on the fine line exacting performance offered by that product line will undoubtly be diminished in a way which would not be worth the value provided by increasing the opacity. We do not recommend this combination. We are sorry you have been inconvenienced.

Please let us know if we may be further assistance.

Best Regards,

Createx Colors
Technical Support

So is I'm reading that correctly: yes it will work, but it will make the illustration behave like the standard range (and no doubt require a large needle too)
Oh well! Live and learn LOL

Back