Work area

P

paul11

Hi guys first post, I've been spraying my dots and lines in the living room and I just realised the overspray has covered everything so I am going to have to move. I converted my loft a few years back and never really used it for much but I think it will be a nice area to Airbrush in. It's a big area and this light pours in through the Velux windows either side. Now what size work bench will I need for all these dots and lines lol and will I need a dust extractor of some kind, the room is approx, 20x20 feet, thanks.009.jpg

Great space but leave yourself room for the telescope. I don't need extraction in my room as i have very little overspray. I do wear a mask though just in case

Lee

Do I need to use the same mask I use for Nitro or can I just use a dust mask for acrylic.

Hi :)! That sounds like a lot of overspray, I think you may be using too much air pressure, reduce the paint more so that you can lower it, this will help. But a move to a dedicated space is a good idea. You can leave everything set up, and not have to worry about any accidents or spills etc.

great space........ remember to cover the telescope (when you get it) so it doesn't get overspray.

if you are doing artwork then you shouldn't have a huge amount of overspray.... you will if you are blasting paint as a base / large area at higher pressure ... which could be done in the shed / outside.

I use the RZ mask when using the waterbased paints.

Thanks a lot guys, I have been trying the air pressure between 10 and 40lb and I have settled on about 15lb now and I will see how I get on with that. Also I just downloaded the practice sheets for the lines and dots etc so get ready for a laugh.

Thanks a lot guys, I have been trying the air pressure between 10 and 40lb and I have settled on about 15lb now and I will see how I get on with that. Also I just downloaded the practice sheets for the lines and dots etc so get ready for a laugh.

"10 - 40 lb" ?? I assume you mean psi ?
for most artwork 40 is too high unless you are laying down basecoats / large flat background colour. The norm is 20psi or lower, you'll need to reduce the paint to suit.
lower pressure = thinner paint.

start the journey, get going on the exercise sheets. One foot in front of the other.

I'd setup the ventilation as spraying the backgrounds (usually 0.5mm nozzle) makes a lot of overspray and I can't imagine work without painting backgrounds:)

I used charcoal filter respirator even when used WB paints. I never work without the respirator of that kind when working with any kind of paints and I use urethanes.

If one of the windows is in the South direction put there something semitransparent (kinda curtain) as strait sun rays will not allow you to work normally in sunny days.

"10 - 40 lb" ?? I assume you mean psi ?
for most artwork 40 is too high unless you are laying down basecoats / large flat background colour. The norm is 20psi or lower, you'll need to reduce the paint to suit.
lower pressure = thinner paint.

start the journey, get going on the exercise sheets. One foot in front of the other.
Lol it was very late and yes I did mean psi and thanks for the info.

I'd setup the ventilation as spraying the backgrounds (usually 0.5mm nozzle) makes a lot of overspray and I can't imagine work without painting backgrounds:)

I used charcoal filter respirator even when used WB paints. I never work without the respirator of that kind when working with any kind of paints and I use urethanes.

If one of the windows is in the South direction put there something semitransparent (kinda curtain) as strait sun rays will not allow you to work normally in sunny days.
Thanks for that I will use a mask for now and keep the windows open.

Back