Airbrush on Clothing.

T

Teraurel

Hello again everyone and thank you for your time. I'm trying to find a tutorial on how to airbrush clothing, but when I type this in google it brings up how to airbrush "on" clothing. So if anyone has any links, sites, or tips on how to I'd appreciate it. More so for a robe since its what Im shooting for at the moment.

Sincerely Sam,

M8 no doubt Youtube would have some tuts on painting clothing and such but as theres so many different types of clothing out there I'd doubt you'd find one generic tut that would suit all, but for me clothing is like any other reference, paint what you see..Start light and work your way into the darks, try to avoid hard edges with cloth like clothing (Especially the folds), if its leather or such hard edges would suit..I use stippling a lot when doing clothing as it helps add some soft texture.. I think the second video part of the color portrait I'm working on shows a basic t-shirt and jacket combo which may help but its all in time lapse, the slowed down version won't be done until the painting is, so not a tut as such..You can find it here in the video section..Alternatively suss out other portrait style tutorials as many may have such involved but off the top of my head I can't pin point specific tuts, others may be able to point ya in the right direction..GL

May he rest in peace, my dear friend - Jaime Rodriguez has some of the best all around instruction out there on YT. www.youtube.com/purejaime
I always thought Jaime had the best ability to tell you and show you what he was doing simultaneously - so it was an instruction and a demonstration of the technique combined.

Airbrush Tutor's instrcutions is pretty darn awesome as well.

I also think we chatted by email when you were selecting your airbrush - email me your address and I'll shoot you a good T-shirt DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:
May he rest in peace, Jaime Rodriguez has some of the best all around instruction out there on YT. www.youtube.com/purejaime
Airbrush Tutor's instrcutions is pretty darn awesome as well.

I also think we chatted by email when you were selecting your airbrush - email me your address and I'll shoot you a good T-shirt DVD.

I agree with Ken , Jamie was one heck of an all around artist but by far an out standing t-shirt artist. He is missed daily but never forgotten...

i airbrushed clothes its easy expecaly if you use stencels i have one stencel and i airbrushed a shirt its easy and looks cool if you do it right :)

M8 no doubt Youtube would have some tuts on painting clothing and such but as theres so many different types of clothing out there I'd doubt you'd find one generic tut that would suit all, but for me clothing is like any other reference, paint what you see..Start light and work your way into the darks, try to avoid hard edges with cloth like clothing (Especially the folds), if its leather or such hard edges would suit..I use stippling a lot when doing clothing as it helps add some soft texture.. I think the second video part of the color portrait I'm working on shows a basic t-shirt and jacket combo which may help but its all in time lapse, the slowed down version won't be done until the painting is, so not a tut as such..You can find it here in the video section..Alternatively suss out other portrait style tutorials as many may have such involved but off the top of my head I can't pin point specific tuts, others may be able to point ya in the right direction..GL

I didnt see that yet, Where is it again?

I picked up a BD-800 airbrush the other day with the intention of painting a T-shirt, need to do a bit more homework but was thinking I would use the Spector Tex paints, need a bit of help on what additives I need to get andthe heat setting thingy you have to do before and after you have painted it.

Back