반갑습니다 (Nice to meet you)

C

CyberGolem

Greetings from Southern California. My name is Chaz and I'm wanting to learn how to use my airbrush, so this seemed a great place to be.
~Cheers

Welcome from the UK Chaz. What equipment have you got? What kind of styles are you hoping to learn? The more we know, the better answers to questions will be. The search function on the page is a great source of information, but if you don’t find what you’re looking for then ask away.

Hi dmshanks and SiRoxx.

I have four airbrushes; a Badger Anthem my father-in-law gave me, an old Badger 100cxf and a broken Testors Aztek that I bought myself a long, long time ago. Lastly, my crown jewel is an Iwata cm-c plus that my wife recently got me as a birthday gift. Sadly, this means I own a lot of stuff in something I've done very little with, so it's time to get in it.
I'm currently building an air-station/paint booth that will be geared—mostly—for painting sculpts, model kits and filmmaking props. So, painting small objects is sort of my thing at the moment. I have a few bicycle projects and a Buell that I would like to work up to in the next year, then who knows where from there?

Hi dmshanks and SiRoxx.

I have four airbrushes; a Badger Anthem my father-in-law gave me, an old Badger 100cxf and a broken Testors Aztek that I bought myself a long, long time ago. Lastly, my crown jewel is an Iwata cm-c plus that my wife recently got me as a birthday gift. Sadly, this means I own a lot of stuff in something I've done very little with, so it's time to get in it.
I'm currently building an air-station/paint booth that will be geared—mostly—for painting sculpts, model kits and filmmaking props. So, painting small objects is sort of my thing at the moment. I have a few bicycle projects and a Buell that I would like to work up to in the next year, then who knows where from there?
That’s some great equipment. A good place to start is our own Airbrush Tutor’s site. You can register for free and download the work sheets, he also has a YouTube channel with tutorials to go with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to meet all y'all. As nice as some of my gear is, it's pretty worthless unless it gets used, so I'll definitely check out those tutorials.

Btw, looking at what y'all are armed with, I feel like I just stumbled into Dodge City.

Welcome from Australia. Be careful with your CM-C the needles aren’t a cheap replacement, we strongly suggest you leave the needle cap on until you gain a little more confidence.

Btw, looking at what y'all are armed with, I feel like I just stumbled into Dodge City.
We have a few members who seem to acquire a ‘few’ airbrushes. We jokingly refer to them as suffering from AAD (Airbrush Aquisiton Disorder) and we always welcome new members

Hmmm Did i say that out loud...

Welcome to the Forum CyberGolem, we have a few airbrushes between us.. Have a good look round, try the exercises from AB Tutor and more importantly have a go. We're here to help if you get stuck.

Lee

Glad to meet'cha.

I'm especially relieved because everybody here has quite an inventory of toys, which is dissolving any guilt I had for being such a gear junky myself. I have found the promised land.

Glad to meet'cha.

I'm especially relieved because everybody here has quite an inventory of toys, which is dissolving any guilt I had for being such a gear junky myself. I have found the promised land.
Dude... you haven't even started yet. There's an airbrushing page on Facebook- guy has a big glass case crammed full of airbrushes. Anytime I feel guilty I just go look at his pictures. :)

Welcome to Mitch's madhouse aka the forum,where are you in so cal? I grew up out there and left when I joined the Coast Guard 40 odd years ago!

Is it to soon to introduce him to @DaveG ? , he may go into melt down lol
@Jurien72 is right, my collection is nothing like Wissam's or Gerald's (mine still fit in filing cabinet drawers ;))- but, I can honestly say I can take any of mine out any day and feel comfortable using them to do what I would want to do, without feeling like I would have to compromise - been very lucky that way :cool::p:thumbsup:

@basepaint :: I live in Corona. It's in the Inland Empire just west of Riverside.

I have a feeling this forum's influence on my future purchases will be exhibit "A" in whatever divorce court I end up in.

Back