1st shot at AA candys-Tips & Heads Up???

ZisisBFL

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Finally i'm gonna give a shot to Auto Air's Candy colors and i've got to say i'm a bit nervous about it,
so i would appreciate any tips & "heads-up" from people who have used those colors recently!!
I have read all there is about those colors especially the crapy ol'formula. They say the new AA Candies works better:
-Very light passes
-heating & curing after each coat
-reduction 3 to1

Do i have to use transparent base with reducer as they did in the ol'candy formula?
Do i have to shoot trans base over the applied candy prior to masking?
Hmmm... long list better stop!!LOL!!

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

With the new AA kandy , You do not have to use the transbase. Heat setting the paint prior to masking and between each coat, Doing this I have yet had to use transbase to seal the area prior to masking.
But if you do not want color bleeding than yes transbase the kandy but heat set it.
The better cure time you can give AA the easier and less headaches masking off will be.

Reduction can be more than 3 to 1 , Some of the AA paints seem thicker and require more reduction than others.

I can add to this ,keep a blow dryer handy and use it between layers or passes dont aply it to wet . I forget the term for it but if you go to heavy it tends to sort of pile up on itself causing a blotchy or spoty effect that will ruin your work I can only use auto air in large areas when my land lord isnt home if she heard my blow dryer constantly going on and off she's going to try to rais my rent another 50 bucks lol try to keep your passes light its great stuff awesome for doing hair and eyes also if you ask me its just transparent paint with a fancy label

I can add to this ,keep a blow dryer handy and use it between layers or passes dont aply it to wet . I forget the term for it but if you go to heavy it tends to sort of pile up on itself causing a blotchy or spoty effect that will ruin your work I can only use auto air in large areas when my land lord isnt home if she heard my blow dryer constantly going on and off she's going to try to rais my rent another 50 bucks lol try to keep your passes light its great stuff awesome for doing hair and eyes also if you ask me its just transparent paint with a fancy label

Mottle. Is the word of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Do a search of youtube, Simon Murray has some great vids, all are i. reference to AA. I think his is SMDesigns . May even be able to link to them from the Createx colors youtube page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Only advice I can think of is to use an intercoat between layers to stop colours going muddy.

Only advice I can think of is to use an intercoat between layers to stop colours going muddy.

Will a layer of transparent base between coats do the trick???
I've watched all videos about AA candys but i was looking for the experience of people who used them frequently!

Really thank u all for your help:smug:

Back