2 best things i did this time last year

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
i keep seeing posts here about using wicked and createx paints and wanted to say one thing when i first started airbrushing i had bunches of problems with clogs and constantluy taking apart my airbrushes and trying to clean out chunks of paint from my tiny needles also something i now refer to as we splats thats when your doing a portrait and its looking awesome Thain your doesn't seem to be moving as much paint as it should. Thain al of a suden splat a micro chunk of paint frees itself from the tinny nozzle right onto katy perrys eyebrows . since switching to etac efx and com art all those problems are gone i just wanted to post this for any new comers looking int a paint system to go with

Com-art is much better then Wicked as you said but E'tac blows Com-art right out of the water. Amazing stuff that. It's pretty cool to paint with aswell, not just to sniff. :wink-new:

Thanks for posting this. Wicked paints have been driving me nuts tonight, and I've been looking for something else to try. I've heard good things about Golden Airbrush Colors, but Etac has come up a lot, too. I might give them a try.

Filtering and using the W500 reducer makes Wicked work a treat (for me anyway, but everyone has their favourites). It is a fab all round paint that works well on almost anything from automotive to t-shirts and has the bonus of being lightfast. But it's not really specific to anything, so if you want to do mainly fine art, then com art or E'tac are favourites. (the E'tac is a bit too much like a chemistry lesson for me lol), If you want to do automotive, or a variety of other things, then maybe give the Wicked a chance. When you get to grips with it, it's great.

Does anybody know if you can use the W500 or the 0100 with the illustration line instead of the 5091? I'm almost out of the 5091 lol!

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that the W100 is the same as the 4011 and the W500 is the same as the 4012 which is used for the AA colours, so I'm thinking that the illustration ones are likely to be the same too, but don't quote me Lol. All the lines seem to be intermixable across the board, so it seems like it should be fine.

Does anybody know if you can use the W500 or the 0100 with the illustration line instead of the 5091? I'm almost out of the 5091 lol!

Yes you can, it does make it a bit harder to erase though. It makes the paint set faster.

Thx Squishy I figured I could use it if I had to. Good to know to Jeff cuz the only reason I'm trying these paints is their erasability
and don't want to take away from that, guess I'll have to order some more 5091.

I am erasing the illustration paint, on metal with the w500 in it, more for highlights than for blending. On metal a damp sponge an eraser pencil and you're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thx Squishy I figured I could use it if I had to. Good to know to Jeff cuz the only reason I'm trying these paints is their erasability
and don't want to take away from that, guess I'll have to order some more 5091.

Even with the W500, it erases better than Wicked. If you do your erasing within an hour or so, it doesn't really matter much. If you let it sit overnight, it becomes more difficult, especially soft erasing effects.

alot of people get confused with the etac aditives and think its allot of chemisrtry but its real simmple the efx has a reducer transparent base so does the private stock thain theres the ag modifier you can use them all together the efx reducer will justt give the privatr stock a bit of an erase able charecteristic same the other way around ps reducer with efx will make it more permanent like switching the wicked reducers around .
i didnt mind wicked that much except for all the clogging i was painting all evening and morning last night to not one cllog at all didnt have to take one gun apart. im not working on any specific painting right now just practicing hair textures and daggers

Back