2008 tutorial tribal flames marblizer and beveled effect

Strictly Attitude

Air-Valve Autobot!
Paint used Autoair airbrushes don't remember
Ok first preped the xbox case with bulldog adhesion promoter then sprayed black where the graphics are going001.jpg
Next sprayed red sparklesance over the black not positive the color name but it's auto airs version of an ultrametallic pearl 002.jpg004.jpg003.jpg
For the next step you are going to need some cling wrap and a spray bottle full of water 005.jpg

Last edited:
Next gonna spray some autoair red pretty heavy and wet in the area I'm going to do my graphics006.jpg007.jpg
Then I am going to lightly spray some water over the red lightly or you will make a mess008.jpg
nextI go in and dab the paint with the saran wrap009.jpg010.jpg

Here is the dried effect I cheated and used a heat gun looks pretty cool right 012.jpg011.jpg
Next I cover the xbox with spray mask013.jpg
I then draw out some tribal flames014.jpg
Then cut them out using an exacto knife015.jpg

I remove the the outside spray mask016.jpg
I then spray silver around the outside of the tribal017.jpg
I add black as a shadow and a beveled look018.jpg019.jpg
I use a match book to make sharp edges at the point for the bevel020.jpg

Here is what the bevel looks like021.jpg022.jpg
I then recover the case with paint mask023.jpg
I used fine line tape to go around the edge where the tribal is under the mask to assure an even cut around024.jpg
Here is the mask after it is cut025.jpg

A better pic of the masked off graphic026.jpg
I then sprayed with white as a base to make the orange really pop use of base coats to get different effects from different colors thats why primers come in different colors027.jpgI then spray the orange over the cover making sure I have nice even coverage028.jpg
Then while it is still wet I peel off the grapics carefully029.jpg
And we then have it the finished product ready for clear030.jpg

Pop quiz why would I want my graphic to be the first layer not the top layer?

Because you only had to mask and cut one time and it's easier and faster to create the depth and beveled edge?

Great stuff bud!! I have been watching and waiting for 45 mins to see the result and post, lol!!! I almost asked a question in the middle of it just to mess with you, lol!!! It sucks you can only post 5 picks at a time doesn't it, lol!!!
Again great tute!!!

Josh

yes and also when you clear it gravity is on your side. It allows the clear to fill in the graphic and makes color sanding easy. If the graphic was raised the clear would flow off it and you would have more of a chance of sanding through on the edges.:eek:nthego:

Last edited:
great tutorial. one day i have to give my xbox 360 and controller a go :)

yes and also when you clear it gravity is on your side. It allows the clear to fill in the graphic and makes color sanding easy. If the graphic was raised the clear would flow off it and you would have more of a chance of sanding through on the edges.:eek:nthego:

Ok you got me. I never thought of that , lol!!

Josh

having the graphic on the bottom is not a must due I have done plenty above the paint also and used intercoat to knock down that edge. Doing the graphic on the bottom has it's advantages and worked well for this project. especially for doing the beveled effect it saved me from masking the tribal flame twice.

I never really thought of doing the basecoat last. In my best redneck accent, Dats Purdie Smuart Man! Thanks for the tutorial, some great info there!!!

Back