5mm coarse erasers

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
Most of the new (easily obtainable) battery erasers use 5mm refills. Even the Helix machines has changed from 4 to 5 mm. The problem is you only get the soft in 5mm. Untill now.

I found these Seed Sun Dolphin ones at Jet Pens. They are quite a bit pricier than the regular soft (graphite) ones. but you do get 60 in the bag and they are very hard wearing.

The regular soft ones compare to the coarse ones.
dw_vs_sd_packaging.jpg

There is a bit of an issue though. They not not fit 100% in the gripper. A new fresh refill is not a problem bu if it gets shorter the gripper does not have enough bite. So you can make a small adjustment to the gripper.

Just bend the edges a bit inwards. You really do not to do much bending at all.
gripper_queeze.JPG

This is the modified one compared to the original one.
gripper_compare.jpg

Then I did a comparison to see how good the erasers are. I tried various paint on cheap blending card. Paints were straight from the bottle with thick 100% coverage at the bottom. I think the results were great.
sample.jpg

Thank you! It's very informative:thumbsup:
The link is bookmarked. I thought I had a lot of erasers until got to this shop:) Never seen such a choice for the erasers.

Thanks AndreZA, I'll give them a try. All ways needing an eraser of some sorts. Very good selection of them here.

Did admin change the title because last night I saw I used the wrong coarse and could not change it. Changing titles should really be an option.

Yes I changed it for you Andrè, all you need to do is pm a Mod/Admin. I often correct spelling errors, it makes doing a search a bit more accurate :thumbsup:
If we allowed everyone to change their titles we’d have titles being changed all over the place.

Yes I changed it for you Andrè, all you need to do is pm a Mod/Admin. I often correct spelling errors, it makes doing a search a bit more accurate :thumbsup:
If we allowed everyone to change their titles we’d have titles being changed all over the place.

thanks @JackEb

Thanks for the information I just ordered some of the course ones last night after seeing this post .

Very interesting thread, thanks Andre, I assume these coarse ones are the same are the grey ones I get for my 'Style up' electric eraser ?

Great test André. Everey test you post brings worthy informations! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G390F mit Tapatalk

Back