72 hour pot life for Createx wicked?

J

JonasCalhoun

So I've been testing out Createx wicked and Ilkustration paints, just trying to get the feel of them. I mixed up several colors of Wicked in dropper bottles with high performance reducer to see what ratios I like for my equipment. Reading the bottle of reducer, it said something about a 72 hour pot life! Is this true? I mixed up my first batch about 4 days ago, but it still sprayed nicely tonight.

Are my bottles of wicked just waiting to cook off on my when I least expect it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, that's what Createx state. there is likely a reaction that occurs in that time frame, it may be where you are it has slowed that reaction (if its going to happen) it may not happen..... all you can do is see how it sprays after a week or two. you may notice 'seeding' in the cup, where the paint and reducer separate, it may start to thicken up...... it all depends on the conditions that you keep the paint in (hot/humid/dry/freezing.

the older reducer didn't have a problem,

Not to sure about that as I have made up bottles of paint and it's fine, Dru said he does the same with no issues when I asked him!

Not to sure about that as I have made up bottles of paint and it's fine, Dru said he does the same with no issues when I asked him!

Hence my comment ......
" . . . . . . (if its going to happen,) it may not happen..... all you can do is see how it sprays after a week or two. "

I think they have to cover themselves as peoples conditions vary, and this is a window they know should be good for everyone. Mixing separately as you have done is good practice so that if paint should go off it won't affect the whole bottle, but also don't mix too much more than you need so you haven't wasted a bunch either just in case.

FYI Createx is at risk of being damaged by temp as it comes in the bottle - freezing temps particularly. If ever you get a brand new bottle that just won't behave, it may not have been stored properly before getting to you. My experience, and seeing others experiences here, is that on those rare occasions, the bottle will be replaced no worries.

Back